Wonderful coincidence........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful coincidence........

Whilst pootling through my family tree on Dad's side, I looked for 'Ada Maria French' (my Great Aunt) in the 1911 census and she was the Matron at the Weslyan Theological College in Didsbury. In later years, this became a teacher training college and in the late 60's, that's where I trained.

As Dame Edna would say 'spooky eh?'

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Thats a brilliant coincidence Gwyn.

I had a very similar one. My Grandmother's brother trained at a teacher at Westminster College. I asked my teacher/lecturer big brother where or what the college was and he told me it has now gone through several transformations and is where he is teaching young teachers to teach now.
    Barbara

Comment

My mum and dad were at the Royal Veterinary College in London, which is now in London and Potters Bar. Their grandson, my nephew, graduated as a vet from there in 2000!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Isn't it strange that although ancestors are (obviously) deceased, we still come up with connections.

Thank you all for your stories.

Gwyn
        Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

I love reading stories like this.....spookier than a spooky thing!!

When my brother first joined the Met Police in the mid 70's, his beat was the Marylebone area, and so his feet pounded those streets day in, day out, for years.

At that time I was fairly new to family history. I dabbled here and there, blindly, but didn't know much more than that my Dad had been born there, and his mum before him.
          It was years after my brother had moved to another district that I found out there had been loads of Dad's side living there, going back 3 generations, living at one time or another in just about every street in the area! My brother must have walked past their houses/places of work etc hundreds of times!
          Karen x

Comment

I found one of my husbands ancestors living in the same house that a very close friend of mine used to live in and I spent many happy hours there. Sadly, she died of cancer so I wasn't able to share this coincidence with her.

Sandra

Comment

Thats really nice x

Researching/ MADGWICK, RAMUS, PONT, MITCHELL, CHAMPION, GOSSLING, VAN STAADEN.

Comment

Working...
              X