Suffolk RO Lookups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk RO Lookups

I shall once again be in Ipswich & Lowestoft from 3-5 Aug. If anyone has a specific lookup please add it to this thread & I'll see what I can do.
    Glen

if you can, would you be able to look for a marriage in eye, for james dove to a hannah? it would be around 1800, the igi has 3 kids for them anne b.1805, elizabeth b.1811, and jesse b.1814.

Comment

I'll have a look Kylejustin (are you Kyle or Justin?). You may be lucky but I usually find my Suffolk ancestors marry in a parish unconnected to either party & about 4 away in any direction from where they baptise their children.
      Glen

Comment

it's kyle. umm, well these are the only ones i know of from suffolk, so whatever you can see in eye would be great. if there isn't anything, there's no sweat. :D

Comment

Woodley of Seckford Hall, Woodbridge...

Last edited by Geoff Devon; 14-07-09, 08:41.
          Woodcock(Dudley...Worcestershire Broseley...Shropshire) Woodley & Allen(Herts/Essex/London/Kent/Surrey... & NSW/Vic/Queensland... AUS) and MANY, MANY more...!

Sherlock always gets a result

Comment

Hi Glen,

Please could you look to see if you can find any information on Sophia Blundell. She was born or baptised on 14 Feb 1799 Rattlesden, Suffolk. I think there is a possibility that her parents were George Blundell and Elizabeth Newman. But, I am by no means sure. She married James Codd in 1825.

Many thanks, Sandra

Comment

Geoff,

I think your request would be too time consuming. My offer is more for requests like Kyle's & Sandra's.

I've had a quick look at A2A & there were no hits for Colonel/Ernest WOODLEY but 19 for Seckford Hall which involves hundreds of documents all of which have to be ordered individually from the Archive.

I would willingly have looked for a will but as it's relatively recent it will be on The National Probate Calendar which I don't believe is available in Ipswich/Lowestoft but I will check.

If you can find details of a particular document or two for me to order up then I'll happily do so.

Sorry to be so unhelpful but I am there to do my own research which is why my offer says 'specific'.
              Last edited by Oakum Picker; 13-07-09, 16:20.
              Glen

Comment

Sandra,

Have noted your request.
                Glen

Comment

Glen

Thank you very much.

Not sure how feasible this is but I got this ref ages ago from a2a:

Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch: Private Records; Family and Estate, Rous Family
                  The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch
                  Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2006

To find out more about the archives described below, contact Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich Branch PRIVATE RECORDS: FAMILY AND ESTATE ROUS FAMILY ARCHIVES
                  Creator(s): Rous family, Earls of Stradbroke

SUFFOLK ESTATE MAPS AND PLANS
                  Book of plans of the Henham estate, originally compiled about 1800, possibly by William

FILE - Book of plans of the Henham estate, originally compiled about 1800, possibly by William Peakxxx - ref. HA11/C9/74 - date: 1850-1879
                  item: Farm in Uggeshall, occupation Samuel Gray and others, 1850, revised 1862. - ref. HA11/C9/74/xxxiii - [n.d.]

I am interested in the item in bold - if a photocopy is possible that would be great but I don't know how bulky this item is! I am happy to pay any costs if it is possible, but don't worry about it if you can't manage it.

Thanks

Nell
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell,

Shouldn't be a problem to order as you have the ref. but as you say it may be a photo job. Unfortunately I don't take a camera with me.

I'm in Ipswich on Monday so if there is a problem I'll PM you & if you reply by Tuesday I can act on it on Wednesday when I'm back in Ipswich.
                    Glen

Comment

Hello Glen

If you have the time for a marriage look up while there

James Pitchers and Frances Lydamore 1841 Ringsfield, All Saints Suffolk

The details on the marriage entry on the Fiche would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you very much Glen, much appreciated.
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Glen

Last time you went you looked up the bap of John Baldry 1793 in Horham for me.

I would be really greatful if you could possible look for his parents marriage. John Fisher Baldry and Rose Wretts or Wroots in Horham.

Also I think there might be a daughter of the marriage called Harriet. If you are busy the marriage will be really helpful.

From the info you found last time for me I have got Rose's death cert and John Fishers Will.

Thanking you
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Richard & Lin,

Both noted.
                            Glen

Comment

Hi Glen. You very helpfully did a look-up for me last time you went. I have another Suffolk request:
                              baptism of Matthew Balls bc 1811, Wrentham, Suffolk (and if he's there, possibly any siblings if you have time).

Thank you very much.
                              Last edited by jenoco; 14-07-09, 01:49.
                              Jenny

Comment

No problem Glen. I fully understand, been there!

OK. Please could you have a brief look for the marriage of and baptisms of children of William Matthew Woodley, brewer/corn factor and Charlotte Augusta nee Meadows (or De Medewe).

I believe (from newspaper article) they married May 1839 Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk and had at LEAST three, but probably more, children, as so many seem to die young:
                                William Meadows Woodley b23/8/1841 (Melton or) Witnesham
                                Charlotte Augusta Woodley b~Nov 1843 Melton
                                Frank (or Francis?) Sydney Arthur Woodley b~Jun 1845 Southwold

In 1841 census they are visiting Hornsey, Middlesex with no children with them and 1851 census they are living at East Green, Southwold. They went on to emigrate to Australia in October 1853.

Many thanks,
                                Geoff.
                                Woodcock(Dudley...Worcestershire Broseley...Shropshire) Woodley & Allen(Herts/Essex/London/Kent/Surrey... & NSW/Vic/Queensland... AUS) and MANY, MANY more...!

Sherlock always gets a result

Comment

Jenny - noted.
                                  Geoff - able to tackle those.
                                  Glen

Comment

Hi Glen

Please can you check out this marriage

John Turner & Sophia Hagit
                                    25/8/1831 All Saints, Darsham

Thanks in advance.
                                    Jay

Comment

not a request but just a 'Hello'

~~~~~~ to Glen
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Jay - Can do.

Julie - Right back at you.
                                        Glen

Comment

Working...
                                        X