Snozwell/Snoswell Family Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snozwell/Snoswell Family Help Please

Hi, OC helped me with one query last night and now I am stuck with another of my snozwell's. I thought this would be easy as its not such a common name but now I am not so sure! And I know this won't be the only one!
    I am trying to find Michael/George Snozwell on the 1891 census. I have done my best and can't find a death or a marriage, can someone have a second look please? Thanks very much
    Tessie

Do you have rough idea of when he might have been born ?
    Esta

Comment

Sorry- 1868 Donnington, Berkshire

Comment

Hi Tessie

Is this him in 1871?

Edward Snosell 23
        Emily Snosell 25
        Michael George Snosell 3
        Charles Elis Snosell 3 months
        RG10; Piece: 1252; Folio: 95; Page: 1
        Jeanette
        Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Well, it's a fabulous name :D but I can't see him anywhere
          Jeanette

Comment

yes with his parents, but i can't see him in 1891, nor at the moment one of his sisters, they are probably mis-transcribed somewhere, but I can't see them anywhere!
            Tessie

Comment

Yes thats what I thought Jeanette, not common- easy, but no hard as every other of my families!
              Tessie

Comment

If Jeanette's right, then this is his family (without him) in 1891:
                RG12; Piece: 983; Folio 22; Page 4

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                  yes with his parents, but i can't see him in 1891, nor at the moment one of his sisters, they are probably mis-transcribed somewhere, but I can't see them anywhere!
                  Tessie
                  If it's Jane you're looking for, I've just put in a correction for a Jane Snos/zwell...

I'll try to work out where she was!

Christine

EDIT: At the moment, until my correction 'takes', you'll have to search under SROZWELL, even tho' the second letter is clearly an 'n'!
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-07-09, 17:41.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It looks like Michael could have been born before his parents married

Marriages Dec 1868
                    Harris Emily Ann Newbury 2c 477
                    Snoswell Edward Newbury 2c 477

Births Dec 1868
                    HARRIS Michael George Newbury 2c 235
                    Jeanette

Comment

Yes, no michael/george anywhere, I have no jane for 1891 but I have her married in 1901. Thatsas far as I have got at the moment with this particular branch- there are lots of children!
                      Tessie

Comment

Oh Jeanette, can't thank you enough! Couldn't find a birth reg for him, thought I was going mad, I'll remember that one!
                        Tessie

Comment

oh i never thought about a mis-spelling with an R!! You are amazing people on here, thanks so much!!!
                          Tessie

Comment

Well, there is a James George Harris married on the 1891 born Berkshire living in Newbury, which is just down the road from where Michael/George was born, is this hi do you think?
                            Tessie

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                              oh i never thought about a mis-spelling with an R!! You are amazing people on here, thanks so much!!!
                              Tessie
                              I was looking for SNO*L - or something like that - so it picked it up.

Unfortunately you have to have at least three live characters before a wildcard on Ancestry, or it won't work.

Christine

Comment

is the 1911 fully transcribed, because I can't find any of my snozwell boys (with the different spellings tried) on it at all?!
                                Tessie

Comment

I put in
                                  Born in: Donnington
                                  Names starting with: SNOS
                                  and got nothing
                                  Names starting with: SNOZ
                                  and got 2 in Wantage: Edward 60, and a male "Elizah" - presumably, "Elijah", 34
                                  (but none, if I change that from Donnington to Berkshire!)

SNOS with Berkshire gets Arthur SNOSHILL, 21, in Witney, Oxon.

Christine
                                  - and they reckon they have transcribed the lot - tho it's clearly not error-free (see above!)

Comment

SNOZ... / BRIGHTWALTHAM gets WINIFRED, aged 9.

S.../ with Winifred SNOZWELL as other in the household, living in Wantage gets Edward 60 and Emily 62 plus Edward 23

Christine

Comment

Have you got them in 1901, so you can see a trend (if there is one)?

Christine

Comment

yes thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                        X