Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past and present photographs, could you do something similiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past and present photographs, could you do something similiar?

Not really a research question, more of a link for those with ancestors in and around Gainsborough, Lincs but an idea you might be able to create for a town or area of interest to your own tree.

There is a small but flourishing group sharing trivia, information and "past and present" photographs of Gainsborough the town and people on Flickr. In a little over 18 months a group of people (now around 50 or so members) have added over 1100 images, created 40 discussion threads and generally added to the wealth of knowledge illustrating the changing town from the mid 1800's to the present day.

Subjects include. churches, chapels, pubs, factories, streets, business premises, news articles and family history photographs too, discussion threads relate to buildings, people and trivia plus a timeline of the town.

Well worth a look but please remember, if an image is marked as "all rights reserved" it is subjuct to full copyright and should not be downloaded without first seeking permission from the submitter.

The group photo pool (and link to discussion boards) can be found at
    Flickr: Gainsborough Lincolnshire
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid
Working...
X