Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth reg question

Hello,
    I was just looking for the birth of my great grandmother on free BMD and couldn't see it, so looked on ancestry and its there! All her brothers and sisters are on free BMD and ancestry and were all born in the same place, any ideas why she wouldn't be showing on free BMD?
    I know it doesn't hinder my research of her but its just one of those annying questions I would like to know the answer to!
    Many thanks
    Tessie

When was she born? It might be that if after c1915 it hasn't been transcribed yet.
    Could also be mistranscribed.
    Tracy

Comment

Once when I thought a similar thing I found I has typed the wrong question into FreeBMD:o:o
      Anne

Comment

she was born 1919

Comment

FreeBMD is not complete up to that date - although they are well on the way, which would explain why the others are already on there.

Anne

Comment

I have brothers and sisters births before and after her on there though, maybe she has been missed? Never mind!

Comment

tessie

What happens if you enter the volume and page number on Freebmd?

OC

Comment

OMG- you are brilliant! Snozwell= SnoSwell!!! and I have only just started with this family!
                Tessie

Comment

I looked at both Ancestry and FreeBMD and going by the GRO index (the source for both) FreeBMD got it right. I have had a very high error rate with the Ancestry transcriptions for the 1916-2005 Birth and Marriage indexes.

Comment

well done OC...thats another little snippet I`ve learnt today....clever girl...I`ll have to go back and check some of mine because I`m sure that`s happened to me......allan
                    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
                    X