marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage look up please

could someone please try and find the 2nd marriage of my grandad please...
    Daniel Oakes to Gladys ????? in about 1954/5/6 in Liverpool...thanks...PS should I add this woman to my tree...they were only married a couple of years and then Daniel died....she insisted that Daniel was buried with her 1st husband so all the children (one being my dad) had nothing to do with her..she inherited the family house and all their mothers and fathers belongings...obviously this caused a massive falling out....I think my father would turn in his grave if I added her to my tree...but am I supposed to ??? .cheers....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

The only one that comes up on Ancestry's new index is this one. I supose the G in her middles name could be Gladys .... personally I'd rather be called Emily!! :D

Daniel Oakes
    Emily G Ferman
    Oct-Nov-Dec 1955
    Liverpool
    Lancashire
    Volume Number: 10d
    Page Number: 1081
    Sue

Comment

Daniel Oakes married Emily G Ferman oct/dec 1955 in Liverpool
      Last edited by Nicky L; 11-07-09, 11:22. Reason: oops too slow

Comment

thanks Sue....that`s them...I was sure I was only 4 at the wedding...the good news is that I have the wedding photo and A relly from Australia has her g grandfather Daniel Oakes b 1880 on the photo...he died a year later and I`m not sure if this lady has seen a photo of her g grandfather so it will be a nice surprise for her....thanks again Sue...it`s appreciated....allan;)
        ADDED...thanks Nicky..you posted as I was typing (very slowly )...cheers ..allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Garstonite Allan - I thought you were a Local BMD fan????!

The marriage is on LancsBMD - they married at Liverpool, Princes Park Methodist Church
          Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Birth records suggest she must have acquired the Emily after her birth registration?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine...is that Gladys b 1916 on Lancsbmd....I know she was younger than my grandad but I wouldn`t have thought 17 yrs younger...
              I`m having a few problems on Lancs bmd`s ..can`t get the marriages up...so I rung my brother who is 5 yrs older than me...he tells me his wife worked with Gladys`s daughter to her 1st marriage...
              this ladys name is Hollinghurst..she has never married ...so I am looking for a marriage
              Hollinghurst to Ferman......zilch on freebmd and lancashirebmd.org.uk is playing up.....allan
              ADDED...Just found the marriage Christine...I have a photo of the wedding...allan;)
              Last edited by garstonite; 11-07-09, 12:54.

Comment

There's this one in 1944 at Liverpool, Princes Park Methodist Church:

FERMAN George R
                HOLLINGHURST/SPENCER Emily G

i.e. Emily has either of those surnames

Christine

Comment

Really unusual!

1927 Liverpool, Register Office or Registrar Attended
                  HOLLINGHURST Thomas SPENCER Emily G

1928 Edge Hill, St. Cyprian
                  HOLLINGHURST Thomas SPENCER Emily G

Make of that what you will!

Christine

Comment

There's an Emily G SPENCER b 1905 West Derby Western

Christine

PS - the FreeBMD index gives her as Emily Gladys SPENCER

Comment

thanks very much Christine...no wonder I`m having problems...I`ll try and check these out with the family....allan;)

Comment

Working...
                      X