I MAY have made a crack in one of my walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I MAY have made a crack in one of my walls

i have been trying to find out what happened to Eliza Fletcher for about 18 months now, i May have made a breakthough and would like your thoughts please.

Eliza Fletcher was the sister of my great grandfather Francis, she was born 12 Aug 1841 Derby (cert)

Eliza has illegitimate twins John and Emma, 4 April 1863, these are registered by her father Francis sr.

On a later census her son John is with Eliza`s sister Elizabeth and husband, as nephew and then as adopted and later changes his name to Fletcher-Baggaley, Eliza and Emma are nowhere to be seen.

A couple of days ago looking through trees on Ancestry, for any clues, i came across Eliza Fletcher born 1842 Derby with daughter Emma Howe born 1863. I am waiting on a answer from this tree owner.

Looking at marriages a Eliza Fletcher married Charles Howe in 1865, there are 9 children born to this marriage, the first in 1866.

Could this be my Eliza and Emma, the dates and places of birth are right.

Thank you for your thoughts

Sylvia
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 10-07-09, 13:09.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

well, it looks good sylvia. i wouldn't be sitting still at the moment if i were you, but i wouldnt count my chickens. id be glued to the screen waiting for a reply!!

Comment

Thanks Kylejustin, i keep checking Ancestry for a reply

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

haha. its the excitement. well i hope it is your family, im kinda crushed a similar thing wasnt the right one in my family. but i have faith that you will get the goods!

Comment

Sorry to hear yours didn`t work out, i have everything crossed i am right with this one.

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Comment

It would certainly be worth "running" with this, to see where it leads... Just make sure you know exactly which bits of info depend on your theory being correct.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine, hope i hear from the tree owner soon, if he can`t help i will send for the marriage cert.

Sylvia
              Sylvia

Comment

Well i never heard from the tree owner, but have received the marriage cert for Eliza Fletcher and Charles Howe today

Eliza`s father was Francis Fletcher, a shoe maker, so thats a match.

They were both living in Bridgegate Derby, which is where Eliza`s family were living at the time, so it looks like i have found my Eliza and Emma.

Sylvia
                Sylvia

Comment

Well done Sylvia, it's great when things start dropping into place isn't it.
                  Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Congrats Sylvia. It's nice to have a theory confirmed. I have been dancing around a similar scenario in OH's tree for years....but have been too mean to buy the cert to prove or disprove, as it is not a main line....just a 'quiet niggle' on the side. :p

Beverley

Comment

Thanks Daphne and Bev, its good to get a small brick wall down, now if only i could get the big one down.

Sylvia
                      Sylvia

Comment

It's a great feeling. Remember it for when you get frustrated with your next brick wall!
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Theres only one that gets me frustrated Nell and thats my great grandfather, he genuinely came down with the aliens

Sylvia
                          Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                          X