Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a birth

Can somebody please look for a birth for:
    John Ignatiius Andrew Maciver b. 1860 somewhere.

Clues:

Keturah Willis b. Q4 1859 Northwood Isle of Wight
    Married John Ignatius A Maciver Q3 1883 in Eastbourne Sussex 2b 138
    Olive Kate Maciver b. Q3 1884 Eastbourne
    John Ignatius Andrew Maciver died Q4 1884 aged 24 Cowes Isle of Wight 2b 363

Ken

Had a quick look on Scotlandspeople (because of the Mc/Mac)
    No John Ignatius McIver or Maciver

John McIver 34 matches ans John MacIver 52 matches

Happy hunting
    J

Comment

He dies, which is why I guess we can't find them, as Keturah re-marries?...

Deaths Dec 1884 MacIver John Ignatius A age24 I. Wight 2b 363

Sorry you already knew that!

No obvious one on any previous census...McIv* or MacIv*
      Last edited by Geoff Devon; 10-07-09, 12:57.
      Woodcock(Dudley...Worcestershire Broseley...Shropshire) Woodley & Allen(Herts/Essex/London/Kent/Surrey... & NSW/Vic/Queensland... AUS) and MANY, MANY more...!

Sherlock always gets a result

Comment

Do you have the marriage cert? If not, it might be worth getting, as it'll give you his age and occupation and his father's name and occupation.

Comment

No I do not have the marriage certificate yet.

Ken

Comment

There are some McIver births in Ryde in the period 1861-1870, but the MMN = HUMPHR(E)Y.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you think there might be something useful to be found in IoW records, then do keep an eye on this site:
              IWFHS Index Page

They reckon to have a post-1900 burials database before long, and already have a lot of info.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for the IOWFHS link Christine but I have had that for a long time , essential for anybody with links to the Isle of Wight.

Ken

Comment

It's certainly been tweaked recently. I hadn't looked at it for a while, and was very impressed with the new look. (From your reaction, I'd guess that, like me, you'd rather have useful info twice than miss out!)

Christine

Comment

Working...
                  X