X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age & Date help please

last one for now...

not sure who this boy is, choice of 3.

Please can I have your opinions on his age & the date, to help narrow it down.
    there is nothing on the photo to help.

the possibilities are:
    frank b 1905
    arthur b 1893
    john b 1891 (don't think its him)

if it helps, the family seem to have been fairly well off & lived in London.

Vicky

Childrens clothes are always hard to date, but I think it's probably Arthur or John.....

Comment

I'd say he looks about 8, if it helps.

Comment

hmmm

my problem is that I thought it felt like it was mid 1910's, in which case it would be Frank.

But it looks like it could be Arthur (I have a couple of him rather older), in which case it would date from about 1901/3.
        I wasn't sure when this style of collar came in?
        Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 12-07-09, 17:26.
        Vicky

Comment

He appears to be wearing an Eton collar, and I really am cautious about definitely saying it's any of them, I just think it's less likely to be the youngest boy, as that I think would make it the war years...

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
            He appears to be wearing an Eton collar, and I really am cautious about definitely saying it's any of them, I just think it's less likely to be the youngest boy, as that I think would make it the war years...
            Didn't think this would necessarily be a problem? I have other studio photos I can DEFINITELY date to 1915 or 16. (Not this family though!)
            John the oldest boy was in the Navy from 1911-1920 (died 1920) & he married in 1915. Not sure where Arthur was 1914-1918 - he did join the navy in 1911 but doesn't seem to have stayed in long. Frank was too young of course & dad too old.
            Vicky

Comment

If I was to hazard an opinion it's the middle boy...............

Comment

My first thoughts on looking at the photo without reading any of the comments was 1920-1904, just going on similar photos I've looked at, so I'd go for one of the two older boys too.

Comment

Working...
                X