Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help before I tear all my hair out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help before I tear all my hair out???

I have two marriages I simply can't find... not being able to find the wives maiden names is hampering my tree!! Can anyone help?

1. The first is a Thomas and Ann Hague.
    Thomas was born 27 Feb 1806 in Ashton Under Lyne. He and Ann are on the 1841 census living in the hamlet of Hazlehurst in the Parish of Ashton Under Lyne. Class HO107; Piece; 533; Book 7
    Their first born Edward was born abt 1833.
    Here they are again in 1851: Class: HO107; Piece: 2238; Folio: 31
    I've tried searching the IGI and can't find anything??

2. The second is John Fish and Ann.
    John was born on 7th Aug 1817 and I'm assuming Ann was born in 1818.
    Their first born Sarah Ann was born in 1839 in Hurst, Lancashire.
    They appear in all the censuses.
    In 1841 - HO107; Piece 533; Book: 8
    In 1851 - HO107; Piece: 2238; Folio: 407
    Again, I've tried searching for Ann... but no luck!

Can anyone help??

Hi, I have found a marriage, but no guarantees it is the correct one:

Thomas Hague
    married
    Ann Taylor

06 JAN 1832 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire, England

Many of OH's ancestors from the Ashton/Stalybridge area married in Manchester Cathedral - it was very common.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

There is another one in Manchester Cathedral:

Thomas Hague and Ann Hyde
      27 May 1831
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thomas and Ann have several children born after 1837. If you get one of their certs, it'll have her maiden name. Pity that Ashton isn't on LancsOPC yet, or LancsBMd as far as I can see.

The same applies to John and Ann Fish - you'll need to get one of the children's certs.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 10-07-09, 09:03.

Comment

Thanks for that Elizabeth. TBH with you I was just looking for Ashton weddings - hadn't thought about the cathedral!
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            Thomas and Ann have several children born after 1837. If you get one of their certs, it'll have her maiden name. Pity that Ashton isn't on LancsOPC yet, or LancsBMd as far as I can see.

The same applies to John and Ann Fish - you'll need to get one of the children's certs.
            Mary, Ashton comes under Cheshire BMD!! (Don't ask me if this covers the whole of Ashton, but I have found countless of OH's family)
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

If you wait long enough they will put the mother's maiden name on CHESHIRE FreeBMD - they have already made a start.

However, a certificate would settle it.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Yes, you're right, a certificate would answer both questions! Will send for one.
                Thank you.

Comment

Mary, Ashton comes under Cheshire BMD!!
                  Oops :o

Comment

Working...
                  X