AD Aware-Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Aware-Free

Is it just me I find this Free programme difficult to understand. After scanning my PC I get the report and tonight it said all clear but when I tried to close the programme it kept telling me that I had unfinished items. This part is a puzzle to me. I do have a list of cookies showing but they do not recommend removing them.

They also offered me an Anniversary Edition Update - Free plus Free updates does anyone know if this version will remain free or is their a catch?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I used to use that was trying to remember what you had to do , I;m sure you had to click on to remove the items found

Comment

I've been using Ad-Aware for several years and have found it useful, particularly for finding malware. I currently have the Anniversary edition and don't believe there's any catch. The cookies listed are probably what they class as Privacy Objects, i.e. they're cookies that track your browsing habits. I usually delete them, but you'll probably find them listed when you run the next scan.
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I found Superantispyware and malwarebytes to be brilliant

Comment

Yep, I have those, too. LOL!
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Val, I can only manage one programme, I am not as clever as you. I will upgrade to the newer version. There are always problems on PCs that is why my husband still uses a quill pen, envelope and supports Royal Mail. He can write a letter and sort a problem in minutes compared to me using the PC, saving, scanning, printing and so on.
            LORRY 53, I am just going to upgrade and see what happens. I use a free version of Avast and they are telling me that my version needs renewing and that is complex too. If I go for the free version I get a message saying it is only a 60 day trial but then it goes on to say that they will send me a key and that I will be able to update it each year. It is so mixed up so I am going to try and install AVG again.
            Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret Im not clever really Im not ,most of the things are so easy to do Im sure you could manage
              It would really be worth your while to buy something like Kaspersky its an all in one security suite so you need nothing else , it has its own firewall the lot and so easy to manage, as long as you remember to uninstall anything you have before installing it .
              I got mine on Amazon it was so cheap and you can install mine on 3 PCs.
              I'll gladly help you if you get stuck but you wont its so so easy honest.
              take a look

Amazon.co.uk: kaspersky

Comment

Lorry53, I have upgraded my Adaware but tonight when I went to switch on first I only had a black screen and after pressing enter about six times my Desktop came up and it was another five minutes before my sidebar appeared.
                Second time around it was a little quicker but the sidebar still took along time to appear. I have usually been able to switch on and in under a minitue it is all working. Any ideas why?
                Val, Thanks for your help everyone is brilliant on this site we are very lucky. I had a look at Kaspersky in talktalk the other day and then they tried to sell me a new one from their own Geek Squad. Things like that put me off I just get set to buy one thing and they push another. Will be in touch.
                Margaret N

Comment

Margaret its really cheap on amazon and so easy to install .

Comment

Val, The prices look quite good on Amazon. I notice they have 2009 and 2010 tempted to the newer one but it is not exactly tried and tested by the basic users so perhaps the 2009 is best. Would I have to clilck millions of boxes after installation or does it cover the things most needed?
                    I presume I would not need AVG or Ad aware but you seem to have alot of other programmes.
                    My biggest worry is that my neighbour had Macaffe put on by Dell and he could not use his PC for some weeks after purchase as it was locked for some reason. Even now he cannot access many of the everyday sites that I do and we are both with TT.
                    Goodnight, I am going to try and have an early night for once.
                    Margaret N

Comment

You get a disc to install its really easy the only thing you have to do is put a number in when they ask which is on the disc itself you wont need anything else
                      So you would need to uninstall any other virus and firewall programmes you dont even need malaware or anything else.
                      Have a think about it
                      By the way I dont have lots of other programmes now just this Kaspersky.

Comment

Val, Sounds good to me will try and find time to sort it. Thank you.

Margaret
                        Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                        X