Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of Who Do We Think You Are? 9th July is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of Who Do We Think You Are? 9th July is ...

Trina

Well done Trina i hope you get your brick walls knocked down.
    Jen

Congratulations Trina get them walls knocked down why you have some brilliant help ;;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks all
      I just spent ages writing everything out and pressed the back button by mistake - will have to start again grrrrrrr!

Comment

Well I am sort of adding twigs at the moment There are a nunber of "mystery" relatives that have popped up in census' mainly and I can't identify them. It's mainly around Wrexham.

I'll start with Robert Jones. Just found him in 1841 - at least I think it is the correct family!
        HO107; Piece 1402; Book: 14; Civil Parish: Llannefydd; County: Denbighshire; Enumeration District: 24; Folio: 22; Page: 11

Then in 1851 I know this one is correct
        Class: HO107; Piece: 2503; Folio: 522; Page: 41; GSU roll: 104270-104271.

Peter Kendricks marries Elizabeth Jones later and they have a son Robert Kendricks.

But who is Harriet Randles?

Meanwhile there is a Mary Randles living with newly married John Jones
        Class: HO107; Piece: 2503; Folio: 513; Page: 23; GSU roll: 104270-104271.

Could this be her sister?

Later Harriet is married to Ishmael Evans and Jane Jones describes her as a relative
        Class: RG10; Piece: 5658; Folio: 78; Page: 32; GSU roll: 892489.

Marriage Certificate shows Harriet's father as John Randles deceased Shopkeeper.
        Ishmael was a clerk for John Jones and Robert Kendrick - they both became solicitors with a practice in Hemblas Street Wrexham.

I'll carry on later - there are others that I am looking for in this family if no luck with the Randles!

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this - I hope it is clear enough to follow and I'll check back in an hour or so in case there are any questions.

Comment

Another one I can't trace is Edward Jones. He appears on the 1841 census as son of Robert and a brother to John and Elizabeth.

My only clue is a bequest by Robert Kendricks in his will to "John and Jack, sons of my uncle Edward".

There is also an Edward and Jane Jones, Grandchildren to Robert
          Class: RG9; Piece: 4287; Folio: 71; Page: 9; GSU roll: 543261.

I seem to be missing a generation somewhere!

Comment

Just so that you know you're not being ignored - I have been looking for Harriet Randle but she doesn't want to be found! (especially when I was looking in the England census from habit:()
            There are some Randles in 1841 living in Llan Y Mynech, Denbighshire but no Harriet orJohn. One of them is Mary b 1840 parents James and Elizabeth. James is a Miller. But I expect you've got them:o

James Randles married Elizabeth Fletcher jun 1839 Llanfyllin, Denbighshire.

I'll keep looking or maybe start on the Kendricks......

I don't know why I didn't look before.... FreeBMD Harriet Randles Dec 1837 Wrexham Vol 27 p218
            You may have get the certificate to find out who her parents were and the relationship to Jane Jones. Do you Jane's parents or maiden name?
            Last edited by Sue from Southend; 12-07-09, 12:49. Reason: to add marriage/birth details
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Trina View Post
              Another one I can't trace is Edward Jones. He appears on the 1841 census as son of Robert and a brother to John and Elizabeth.

My only clue is a bequest by Robert Kendricks in his will to "John and Jack, sons of my uncle Edward".

There is also an Edward and Jane Jones, Grandchildren to Robert
              Class: RG9; Piece: 4287; Folio: 71; Page: 9; GSU roll: 543261.

I seem to be missing a generation somewhere!
              These seem to be the children of Robert and Elizabeth

1851 HO107; Piece: 2503; Folio: 512; Page: 21
              Elizabeth Jones 26
              Edward Jones 2
              Ellen Jones 11 Mo
              Jane Roberts 12

1861 RG9; Piece: 4287; Folio: 76; Page: 20;
              Robert Jones 33
              Elizabeth Jones 36
              Llewellyn T Jones 3
              Harnold Jones Under 3 Mo

1871 RG10; Piece: 5658; Folio: 69; Page: 13
              Elizth Jones 45
              Jane Jones 19
              Lewellyn T Jones 13
              Mary E Jones 8

1871 RG10; Piece: 5658; Folio: 78; Page: 31
              Edward Jones 22
              Martha Jones 22
              Jeanette
              Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Thankyou very much for your help Jeanette and Sue.

Jeanette - I don't think I have a Robert married to an Elizabeth, but I'll take a look at those.

Sue thankyou for that. Yes I need to get the certificate don't I! I know her father was John Randles a shopkeeper from the marriage cert. Maybe her mother was related to the Jones'.
                Unfortunately Jane is a bit far back for me to know any more about her.

I have sent for the Wrexham 1841 census - the only bit that survived is for the centre and it isn't on Ancestry or anywhere else online. May be a few weeks before it comes though :(

Comment

I am going to have to go out in a minute, but will check back later.

Jeanette - I did think that there might be a Robert that I had missed, though if there were one he may have died young. Robert and Jane have John, Edward, Elizabeth and Jane - most families have a son named after the father don't they.

HO107; Piece 1402; Book: 14; Civil Parish: Llannefydd; County: Denbighshire; Enumeration District: 24; Folio: 22; Page: 11; Line: 10;
                  Robert Jones40 Jane Jones40 John Jones15 Edward Jones5 Elizabeth Jones10 Jane Jones5

Comment

Obviously, with Jones being such a common name it's hard to say if I'm right :D but as you say, most families tend to have a son named after the father
                    Jeanette
                    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Working...
                    X