1851 census street search for Lambeth here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1851 census street search for Lambeth here

Place:Lambeth Registration District, 1851 Census Street Index - Your Archives

Gives all the street names in alphabetical order and then gives the HO number and folio number..amazing

Linda

Might be worth putting in the Wiki somewhere?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Morning Christine,

How do you do that?

Linda

Comment

I couldn't see it anywhere else so I have added the Home Page for the lists to the Census Search page in the wiki. Thank you for that.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

OOOhh I am usually the one receiving help..what a nice feeling to have added something to this great site

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
            Morning Christine,

How do you do that?

Linda
            I've found I can manage adding links to the Wiki. My approach was to
            1. look at the format of the links already on the page (you can do that by clicking on Wiki/Edit when you're in the page in question)
            2. have copied the link from my browser (to make sure there are no typos)
            3. worked out where in the list it needs to go (e.g. alpha or date, or whatever order)
            4. created the space for it (looking at how the existing entries are spaced)
            5. pasted it in, with surrounding characters, in the same way as the ones above/below... usually involving square brackets
            6. add any link-name within the brackets, and any other comments outside the brackets (comparing others on the page)
            7. preview, to make sure that the page looks how it's supposed to - and that I haven't left any typos in the text I've added
            8. save - and have another look to make sure it's OK, and doesn't need editing again

Item [3] can be tricky if there's a lot of text already on the page - just spotting the right place may take a bit of switching to/fro between the saved page as-is and the Edit version of the page.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X