Sam Victor Wildish 1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Victor Wildish 1911 census

Can anyone look up the 1911 census for me and see what they have on Sam Victor Wildish , on the census he will be listed as Sam Victoria Wildish :( AGE 18 b1893 District Cranbrook Kent .

Peter

Peter, it cost quite a lot to see even the transcription of the 1911 census, even more to see the actual image. You can look at the search index for free yourself here Welcome to the official 1911 Census website and see how much it costs.

Unforunately there is no blanket subscription yet, although I think this will come later.

Anne

Comment

I see ok well lets hope i can get employment again then i can access what i want .

Peter

Comment

If you go on the 1911 website you can sometimes work out who is in the house with him by finding a person's location and then searching on the exact surname (Wildish) with just the location (Kent and Cranbrook) you have discovered. Might be useful for a rarer surname like Wildish? Only 17 of them, so you might be able to guess a few?
        Woodcock(Dudley...Worcestershire Broseley...Shropshire) Woodley & Allen(Herts/Essex/London/Kent/Surrey... & NSW/Vic/Queensland... AUS) and MANY, MANY more...!

Sherlock always gets a result

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Devon View Post
          If you go on the 1911 website you can sometimes work out who is in the house with him by finding a person's location and then searching on the exact surname (Wildish) with just the location (Kent and Cranbrook) you have discovered. Might be useful for a rarer surname like Wildish? Only 17 of them, so you might be able to guess a few?
          If it's an unusual name, then you should be able to work out exactly who's in the house with him: use the Advanced options, and put him in as Other name in household, and put the specific place info in that you've already found.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X