Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half a million names in the Gedcom database!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half a million names in the Gedcom database!

Just checked, and the total now stands at 500620.

Well done, everyone

I only see 498,675 -- odd

I've got 600 to add but I can't upload to it. I've emailed admin and was told they would look into it but that was a few weeks ago -- I then forgot about it.

Anyone else have a problem?

Basically, I get as far as clicking "Upload", the screen changes to Gedcom uploader and then nothing else happens.

I know my Gedcom is fine as I have imported it to a few other systems
    Last edited by daj; 08-07-09, 19:44.
    David.
    Researching: Jamieson/Glasgow, Scotland + New York. Fiddaman/Durham. Russell/Lanarkshire

My Tree

Comment

I can only see 498,675 too.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

How strange - somebody must have deleted something since I looked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by daj View Post
          I've got 600 to add but I can't upload to it. I've emailed admin and was told they would look into it but that was a few weeks ago -- I then forgot about it.
          Not sure who you sent your message to, but if it was me I apologise for not replying.

Can you check the filename of your GEDCOM file - it should be letters or numbers with no 'strange characters' or spaces. If the filename you are using seems OK then send me a PM (personal message) and I will see what else I can suggest.
          Elaine

Comment

I just added 159 more if that helps
            Hail Spode!

Comment

Just added 601 names there

Sylvia
              Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
              Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
              Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Just added another 234. We're 16 short of the half million.
                Gillian
                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Nearly there - now at 499984.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    ..... If the filename you are using seems OK then send me a PM (personal message) and I will see what else I can suggest.
                    The filename had an underscore, which I have removed but still no luck

Elaine, I have PM'd you

thanks
                    Last edited by daj; 09-07-09, 09:06.
                    David.
                    Researching: Jamieson/Glasgow, Scotland + New York. Fiddaman/Durham. Russell/Lanarkshire

My Tree

Comment

I just added 213 extra names :D
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yeah -- we should have a ½ million party!

David.

My Tree

Comment

Brilliant stuff well done everyone ;;
                          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Not sure if this will help, but mine had a ~ in the name once i took that out it went through smoothly.

Sylvia
                            Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

Total number of individuals in database: 504242

Comment

Great Mary, Have just found someone on a Ancestry tree, i have been looking for for ages with a husband and nine children, waiting for an answer from the tree owner to see if i can claim them and put them towards the next upload.

Sylvia
                                Sylvia

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                  Total number of individuals in database: 504242
                                  Wow! Where did that extra 4000 suddenly come from???
                                  Gillian

Comment

What's the best way to remove details of living people?

Do I just remove them altogether and create a new file just for uploading, or do I edit it so that it says (for example) living Jones or something?

Comment

Hi Tanyal - when you upload your gedcom, the system will automatically remove all people born within the last 100 years unless they have a date of death
                                      Gillian

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
                                        Hi Tanyal - when you upload your gedcom, the system will automatically remove all people born within the last 100 years unless they have a date of death
                                        Oh, good.

I just have to take the time to update my file now. :D

Comment

Working...
                                        X