Is this photo beyond help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this photo beyond help?

This is a photo of my Grandmother and all her children (my Mum is the older child with the pot on her head holding the baby) they are on their holiday's at the Hop Picking Farm in Kent.

It is the only photo in existence (that we know of) where all the family are together.

I know its in very poor condition, so I'm not holding out much hope, but if you can manage to improve it in any way. My Mum and relatives would be most grateful. My son did attempt to work on the photo, but he lacks the experience....mind you he did enjoy 'playing around' with it.

Thank you for any help you can give

with kind regards

Tralena

[ATTACH]Victory children.jpg[/ATTACH]

I had a go but think it needs rescanning to get better result.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

It may not be the scanning that's the problem, but the use of the "attachment" feature, which automatically reduces the file size.
      You can post a bigger image by hosting the file on an external site such as Photobucket.

See the How to Guides section for help on scanning and using Photobucket: Reference Information and How to Guides - Family Tree Forum
      Sarah

Comment

Hi Jen and Cloggie.

Thank you so much for taking the time to deal with my request, its much appreciated. Sorry its taken this long to reply, I've spent the time working out the Photobucket website. I think I have cracked it thanks to the how to guide.

Comment

I don't know who they are but a lovely picture of happy smiling people.
          Last edited by colin taylor; 09-07-09, 09:52.

Comment

Had another go but think someone else may be able to better it for you.;)
            Jen

Comment

Originally posted by colin taylor View Post
              I don't know who they are but a lovely picture of happy smiling people.
              Thank you for your thoughts....Yes, the photo made me smile to, they look like they are having a great time.

My Mum and her siblings have lovely memories of their Hopping 'holidays'. I can imagine people of today will think its the holiday from hell, I know I would, specially the straw beds and only the bare essentials available. :D
              Last edited by Tralena; 09-07-09, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...rychildren.jpg

Had another go but think someone else may be able to better it for you.;)
                Hi Jen~Ealogy

Its a great improvement from the original picture, thank you...all the lines and creases are gone, which couldn't of been easy to do, so I'll very grateful for the time you have taken.

Is there any way of improving the quality of my Nan's face...its so faded, also what is the best programme to use (being a total beginner) to edit photo's. I have a couple more I'd like to try and work on....luckily they are not as bad as the one I've just posted on here.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Tralena

Comment

I use photoshop elements 5.0 Tralena but am still only learning myself, some of the other members are more advanced with their restorations, so hopefully someone can improve on my effort.
                  Jen

Comment

One from me

Niksmum

Comment

Niksmum & Jen~Ealogy

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, so very much....you have done an amazing job on this photo. My Mum and Aunties will be so pleased.

I am overwhelmed with your kindness for helping me. Your hard work has paid off, it came out better than I could ever expect it to have....

I cant wait to see my Mums face, I'm sure it will bring a tear to her eyes (it did mine)

Thank you again.

regards

Tralena.

Comment

You are very welcome. It was a pleasure to do it for you

Niksmum

Comment

Fantastic result Niksmum, hope I get that good one day. Like a totally different picture.
                          Jen

Comment

It brought tears to my eyes too and I'm not even related. That picture was brilliant jjj

Comment

I had to try this. It was too much of a challenge to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                              X