Donegal now online at Irish Family History Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donegal now online at Irish Family History Foundation

Donegal is now online through IFHF for those that may be interested. Just found one for OH!

Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.

Janet

Thanks for the information, Janet. I have located a few of mine as well.

I might add that I consider the service offered to be very cheapskate, in that for 5 euros, I got less information than was available to me at no cost on the LDS microfilm at Kensington FHC, of the Donegal BDMs. I was expecting a digitized image such as you get on Scotland's People. Instead, there was a minimal amount of data on a card-like format, with only 48 hours access after payment.

Additionally, the baptismal information for which I paid another 5 euros appears to be wrongly transcribed, in that the baptism took place a month before birth. I will await the results of my email with interest.

Note that although registration with Donegal Ancestry is free, they state that if too many free searches of the indexes are made without any purchases being made, they will deregister you...also a cheapskate attitude, to my mind.

I have no problem with paying for information, as I cannot readily access it from Australia...but Donegal Ancestry has a long way to go before they measure up to Scotland's People and I would like to warn others that they should not expect the same value for money.
    Last edited by Macbev; 09-07-09, 05:10.

Beverley

Comment

Macbev

Totally agree with you, Only found one for OH because it was the only one that came up on the free part. I recognised the name and did not have to pay;) I cannot find any of my O'Neill's on there. Would have to pay out £60 for the 12 that come up and even then they might not have mine!

Janet
      Last edited by Janet; 08-07-09, 22:15.

Comment

*just waiting for anybody online to do co. clare :( *

Comment

Working...
        X