Searchin for info on Dupre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searchin for info on Dupre

I am trying to find a marriage certificate and a divorce decree. My great grandmother was supposedly married to John Remy Dupre. According to the newspaper when he died he left his wife and 3 children of New York City. He died in Memphis, Tn on May 1, 1931. He was married to a lady named Mae and their children were Helen, Randolf and Eve(a). He later married Aline Ash. I am unable to find anything to verify his divorce from Mae and his marriage to Aline. Any help appreciated.
    Donna

Donna

Those would be American records, I don't know anything abbout them, sorry,but hope somone else can help.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Welcome!

My (admittedly small) experience of US records is that they are state-by-state. Each state has different styles of records, and different degrees of access. For some states there are online indexes... if you're lucky.

There are some records on Ancestry.
      This has some material:
      Family Tree Legends Records Collection

This might be useful for Tennessee material:
      Tennessee Genealogy

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks but I don't belong to any ancestry group.. I can't look it up... but thanks for your help.
        donna

Comment

Even if you can't use Ancestry, the other links may be of use?

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X