Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristol (and surrounding districts) rellies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol (and surrounding districts) rellies?

Then you really must have a look at this site, loads of photos, unsolved murders etc etc

Bristol England reflections of a bygone age

Pity it doesn't quite reach my lot at Wotton-under-Edge.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Great site Trish! Thank you. Have bookmarked it as there is loads to look at.

Think I've found a photo of the old house next door to my childhood home when it was a Tea Gardens.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

How odd that the first two responses should come through at exactly the same time - 2hrs and 11 mins later!
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Gillian, glad you've found it helpful. OH has been looking at the site all afternoon and has hardly scratched the surface - there is so much on there!

Comment

Thanks for this site I am looking for my OH family from Wotton under Edge but may find something interesting there.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Trish.

Comment

Found two photo's on there of my Grandma, 'Madam Slade of Broadmead' She owned a milliner's shop, and another one of her, her husband, Charles Joseph Slade and their first born child William Charles Archibald, my Dad's eldest brother.

These where photo's that I had submitted to Movers, Moving Companies. a couple of years ago to add to their article they had about her, written by my uncle Richard's wife many years ago.

Lots of old phot's too of Lewins Mead (at the bottom of Christmas Steps). My Uncle 'Archie' had a Barbers shop there up intil he retired in the late 60's. I remember it was a very narrow cobbled street and extrememly dark at night...just like something out of a Dicken's book!

The upper floor of the fish and chip shop, opposite my Uncles Barber's shop, overhung the narrow street and you could almost touch it from my aunt & uncles bedroom window!

My cousin told me that when she was growing up there, that their cellar used to get flooded by the river which of course runs under the road in the old City Centre..which we could see from their front room window on the second floor.

The memories just came flooding back!
                teresa

Comment

Working...
                X