Can I find full name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I find full name?

On an army record of someone who died in 1915 there is his sisters name and address
    She is Miss E M Wymm
    Manor House
    Wick
    Devizes

Is there any way that I can find her full name

Easiest way would be to find them on a census together - most likely 1901.
    What's his name?
    Tracy

Comment

His name is Richard Alexander Wynn. He is not on the 1901 or 1911 census nor any of his family.
      I did do a post a couple of days ago about lost on 2 census but no joy
      I am trying other ways of finding him and any of the family

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
        His name is Richard Alexander Wynn. He is not on the 1901 or 1911 census nor any of his family.
        I did do a post a couple of days ago about lost on 2 census but no joy
        I am trying other ways of finding him and any of the family
        I see you put Wymm and Wynn did you try under both ?

Peter

Comment

Could be this one:

WYNN MAY EMILY F 1883 28 Devizes Wiltshire

Births Sep 1882
          Wynn Mary Emily
          Woolwich 1d 1147

She's in an institution, so not sure who she's living with.
          Tracy

Comment

It is Wynn, sorry fingers got muddled. Thank you for that I will use this to look further
            Very grateful

Comment

I put May Emily WYNN in Other members of the household, and then put Names starting with... in the main surname search.

I've got as far as M, and all I find are women in their 20s. No men. I think there was one woman in her 30s.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

BAX LILLIA F 1873 38

and I found an 18-year-old:
                CRANE ELLA F 1893 18

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

a couple more exceptions:
                  SHAILES EMILY ANN F 1866 45 Devizes Wiltshire
                  SIMS GEORGINA F 1875 36 Devizes Wiltshire

Well I've been through the whole alphabet. There weren't droves of people there, but they did all seem to be young women, apart from those I've mentioned.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                  X