Attachments help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments help please

I have never had any problems sending photos in my emails but today when I tried to send one to a friend it just said 'problen with sending..attachment may be too large.

I haven't changed anything as far as I am aware.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Linda

Could be a few reasons. It could, in fact, be that the attachment is larger than your email server is allowing (sometimes your ISP will set limits on file size) or it could be that your email cache is almost full (you may have to delete older emails to free up some room). This will happen when sent files are saved to the server.

Check your email settings to see if there is a limit and then check to see if your limit has almost been met.

It may be something else, but I would check these first as they are the most common reasons.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
      No...have checked both of these things and it's not that

Any more ideas??

Thanks
      Linda

Comment

are we talking outlook express ??

Comment

Email Attachments
          lots of solutions here

Comment

Thanks a lot...bit of a computer wally..so am going to wait until my son comes over and let him read the Email Attachments Solutions.

I am just wondering why this has suddenly happened, been happily doing it the same way for about 4 years.

Oh well that's computers for you!!

Thanks

Linda

Comment

Have you tried Picasa 3: http://picasa.google.com/

It's FREE from google and, with the help of an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or even via gmail, you can select a picture(s) and click the email button to send to who you like. The picture size will be reduced automatically. It's very easy and convenient.

Comment

Thankyou John

I'll have a try at that

Linda

Comment

Working...
                X