Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry marriages 1916-2005

Ancestry now has marriages indexed from 1916 to 2005

I have just found my aunt had married twice, no wonder i couldn`t find her before

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

I tried it yesterday and it didn't work for me! I already knew who married who, just wanted the first name of the spouse.

I was presented with an enormous list and the spouses' surnames were completely random, not the one I had entered.

OC

Comment

Sylvia - I've found it really useful too and have tidied up lots of loose ends.

I just kept getting no matches when I used the find spouse bit. So I had to start a fresh search with district and date details plus surname of spouse and do it that way round.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
        Sylvia - I've found it really useful too and have tidied up lots of loose ends.

I just kept getting no matches when I used the find spouse bit. So I had to start a fresh search with district and date details plus surname of spouse and do it that way round.
        Ditto - the "find spouse" section doesn't work so if you look at the actual image you will find the spouse's name - then do a search under that name and appropriate month and year and you wil find the spouse's full name.

The only problem I have is where there is no image to view!!! Seems to be in the latest years only that this occurs.

Marion
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

I think that 1984-2005 has never had images - I think they may have received a computerised database.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The find spouse has always worked for me.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Strange, it worked for me the first day the database came out, then stopped working

Comment

The find spouse works for me too

Sylvia
                Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

OK - am now scratching out the grey hair. Have just gone back into A and lo and behold the spouse names are now showing!!!!!
                  There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

lol - Ancestry must have been reading this thread! It's now working for me for the first time!
                    Gillian
                    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

It wasn't working for me yesterday but it is today.

Jane

Comment

The problem is you know have no way of finding a spouse for a marriage after 1984 whereas prviously you were given the surname etc.

Comment

You still get the Spouses surname for those after 1984.
                          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

OK, working for me too, now, even after 1984.

Comment

off to check now chappies
                              ~ with love from Little Nell~
                              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Ok help. I've found a potential marriage for my great uncle

Walter R Gray
                                Spouse Surname:Fean Date of Registration:Apr-May-Jun 1921
                                Registration district:Aylsham Registration county (inferred):Norfolk Volume Number:4b Page Number:147

How can I find out what Ms Fean's first name(s) are? I get this result whether I search on Gray or Fean. If I click on Find Spouse I get a message about how I haven't provided enough information!

Comment

The other name was
                                  Eva M Fenn

I just chose the District and date, and got a long list.

Christine
                                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a look at the image and think it says Fenn not Fean and I have just found a likely match in the same area for a birth for Eva Mary Fenn and Eva Mary was the right first names so I guess its solved.

Comment

Christine

our posts crossed. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                                        You still get the Spouses surname for those after 1984.
                                        Yes can confirm they seem to have fixed it now thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                        X