Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No4 Coy RGA Gibraltar 1911

I'm after some help again please.

Following from my previous post regarding the 110th Hvy Btty RGA I have had some luck on the 1911 census regarding my Great Grandfather.

It looks like he was in the RGA prior to the outbreak of the war serving with No 4 Coy RGA in Gibraltar, is there anybody out there who can give me some information on which battery this may have been or, point me in the right directionof where to find it?

David

You could try these sites The National Archive Kew (TNA) you can search for free or the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site (CWGC)

If you subscribe to Ancestry you can look up his military records, if not I am sure someone on here will do it for you.

Or try googling the regiment.
    GWEN

Comment

This might be a relevant link?
      British army museums and records at Army Museums Ogilby Trust

Or have you looked on the Wiki, to see if there's anything helpful there in the way of links?

Or there might be something helpful in one of the e-magazines (especially November editions).

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 05-07-09, 14:07. Reason: typos
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Try searching The Long, Long Trail I don't think you'll find down to company level, but you will certainly find the "Royal Garrison Artillery"

Comment

Working...
        X