• census look up please

Please could I have a lookup on census for
    William Sumner c1851 Tilston Cheshire
    here he is on 1881
    Dwelling 83 Woodford Lane Census PlaceOver, Cheshire, England
    RG11 Piece / Folio 3528 / 4 Page Number 2

thank you
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

hi jean, which census are you after?

Comment

pre 1881 would be good please
      Last edited by jean; 04-07-09, 15:37.
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

i noticed william sumner had a son joseph b.1866, over in 1881. he was 15.
        i found a joseph summer age 2, b.over, living in over in 1871. the only joseph summer in 1871, born cheshire.

i dont have a sub to ancestry, so i cant tell if that is your joseph.

Comment

i looked up william in 1871, i found a william summer, with a note, william sumner.
          he's born in 1851, in clive, cheshire, but he's living in over. he doesn't seem to be with that joseph i found, but he seems to be with parents.
          ancestry brings this one up, with an 1891 and 1901 william summer, with wife elizabeth. i cant see a wife elizabeth b.1841, in winsford, cheshire in 1871.

Comment

do you know elizabeth's maiden name? i see the over sub district includes clive in cheshire, so that 1871 ref may be you william sumner.

though im not sure what reg district it is on freebmd. town may be called overton, therfore coming under the nantwich district.

here are all the william sumners for cheshire 1846-1852.
            only two are from over.

Cheshire Birth indexes for the years: 1846 to 1850
            Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference
            SUMNER John William Over/Winsford Cheshire West OV/06/002
            SUMNER William Bromfield West Macclesfield Cheshire East WMC/12/98
            SUMNER William Bunbury Cheshire Central BU/07/064
            SUMNER William Chester Castle Cheshire West CAS/9/76
            SUMNER William Heaton Norris Stockport MIDDLETON HEA/12/50
            SUMNER William Heaton Norris Stockport TURNER HEA/12/50
            SUMNER William Over/Winsford Cheshire West OV/07/038
            SUMNER William Wilmslow Cheshire East WIL/4/99
            SUMNER William Wilmslow Cheshire East WIL/5/27
            SUMNER William Wilmslow Cheshire East WIL/6/52
            SUMNER William Winwick Warrington WIN/2/122

Cheshire Birth indexes for the years: 1851
            SUMNER William Runcorn Halton RUN/12/71
            SUMNER William Wilmslow Cheshire East WIL/7/15
            SUMNER William Wrenbury Cheshire Central WR/07/066

Cheshire Birth indexes for the years: 1852
            SUMNER William Audenshaw Tameside AUD/11/76
            SUMNER William Nantwich Cheshire Central NA/09/061

Comment

i think the second william sumner in that index is this one:

Births Sep 1849
              SUMNER William Harrington 9 895

freebmd is unsure of harrington, and has linked it to the warrington district.

there are no william summer's for those years in cheshire. i think the above is likely to be yours.

i think when you get elizabeth's maiden name, her birth will be under over/winsford district on cheshire bmd.
              Last edited by kylejustin; 04-07-09, 16:43.

Comment

Hi there, I found the 1871 William Summer (though clearly Sumner) son of William & Ellen, both Williams are Salt Boilers, living with Harriet (11) and Henry (2), and grandfather John (82) who is a labourer at 35 Clive Green. this one is RG10/3699,Folio 62 pg7
                Then looking at William Summer again in 1861 (also clearly Sumner) he is a 10 yr old errand boy in the home of William Darlington, Northwich Rd, farmer of 162 acres. This one is RG9/2607 Folio 129 pg6.
                Then in 1851 he is 6mths old again with William Snr & wife Ellen, Class HO107/2166 Folio 433 pg4, William snr is a labourer. All the above show born in Clive which is not too far from Tilston and in Reg district of Northwich, Sub-Reg. Over.
                Alison

Comment

Thank you both very much
                  Jean

Comment

glad to be of help. i did notice quite a few marriage options for william and elizabeth on freebmd. though im not sure which one if any is the right one.

Comment

Working...
                    X