do twins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do twins....

.... have the same volume number but different page numbers?

Only if one is at the bottom of the page and the other is at the top of the following page.

I suppose it is JUST possible that twins could be registered separately - perhaps one died and they registered the birth as they registered the death but forgot to register the other twin - seems most unlikely though.

OC

Comment

Why are you asking Tessie?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Well I have Dorothy Clara Lee and Herbert James Lee born in Henley q3 1905 same vol number but different page numbers and thought they maybe the same family but I know Lee is a common name, so this is unlikely that they are the same family then?

Comment

I've got twins who are registered separately & in different quarters!

Twins born 23rd June, one dies 25th June, dad trots off & registers his birth & death so registered in June quarter. Second twin dies 5th July so registered September quarter. There's nothing on either birth to indicate they were twins.
          Jay

Comment

Well there is a death for a Dorothy in 1906 and there is no Dorothy with the family in the 1911 census, don't know if its the same Dorothy or Herberts twin, I suppose the only way to find out is to get the birth cert for her!

Comment

JayG

There should be a TIME of birth on the cert if it was a twin birth.

OC

Comment

Tessie unless they were consecutive page numbers I wouldn't assume they were twins.

The 1911 census should state how many children of the marriage were born, how many died and how many were still living.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Little Nell- Herbert is page 1023 and Dorothy 1024, I haven't looked at the original 1911 image, I am off to work now for the morning so I will look when I get back to see what it says!
                  Thanks

Comment

It says 2 children died, so I am missing another as well! No doubt that will be hard to find so can I claim Dorothy do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                      Hi Little Nell- Herbert is page 1023 and Dorothy 1024, I haven't looked at the original 1911 image, I am off to work now for the morning so I will look when I get back to see what it says!
                      Thanks
                      Ah, in this case they are on consecutive page numbers - Herbert on page 1023 followed by Dorothy on the next page. Therefore it is quite possible (likely, even) that they were twins. I guess you'd still need the cert to be absolutely sure though.
                      Last edited by Richard in Perth; 06-07-09, 03:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X