Lost friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost friend?

I have been looking for quite a while and at last think I have found a very good friend from the 1950s someone from my school days I have a tel no.but it is from the 1980s so is out of date also an addresscan any one help how can i get a later Tel No.with out having to buy credits on 192 I got the number from BT sorry if I shouldent be on the page thank you for any info.

Bella

what area is your friend?
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

If they haven't moved house, or have only moved locally, they could have kept the same number. All depends where, but it is sometimes possible to work out what the number has been changed to.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

hello,she lives in harrogate Yorkshire,I have the 1980s phone number but dont know how to find the recent updated number.thank you for your reply

Bella

P.S. dont know where else to go for info.

Comment

How would I do that Uncle John? thank you for any info keeping my fingers crossed been looking for a few years.

Bella

Comment

The dialling code for Harrogate is 01423 and the numbers are 6-digit. Can you post the number you have, putting numbers in place of the letters, apart from the last 2 digits, and leaving spaces where they appear in the number you have.

0abcdefghijkl

Then I can see if I can convert it to a modern number.

Comment

Sorry nor sure what you mean do you mean use the abc or put numbers ?.
              bella.

Comment

Have you tried looking under the bt phone book online?

Residential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT
                Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Yes Jean have tried that but couldent find her I have her name address and old phone number not sure if John meant use abc as 123 and so on any way I will keep looking in bye for now.

Bella

Comment

might be morbid, but have you looked for a death reg? she may not be in the phone books because she wanted a private number, or might have passed away?

Comment

Yes it might be a private number now.thanks Bella

John the numbers I have from the 80s are 672-- is that what you mean?

Bella

Comment

Originally posted by granabella View Post
                        Sorry nor sure what you mean do you mean use the abc or put numbers ?.
                        bella.
                        Originally posted by granabella View Post
                        John the numbers I have from the 80s are 672-- is that what you mean?
                        What I meant was - put in all the numbers after the initial zero in place of the abc. I need to see what comes in front of the 672.

Comment

Hello Uncle John, is this what you mean 01423 672-- just hope I have got it ok this time sorry for being such a numty.

Bella

Comment

My best guess is to insert a 5 after the 01423, as 5 is by far the most common 1st. digit of the now 6-digit numbers. So I would try 01423 5672xx. If you get an unobtainable tone, the line might have been discontinued when they moved away.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help I will try that number.

Bella.

Comment

Working...
                              X