Grrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrrrr

I keep getting an request to view your tree message from a person on GR (4 times now):(

Here is the message they sent me

a. jepp is in my fam tree
    you are welcome to do research,we could be related
    the web site for viewing is not available as yet
    experiencing difficultys
    good luck later

Is it just me being grumpy but I find it most annoying - his tree has no Jepps and only 96 people

I told them I have only one Jepp in my tree I gave him the marriage details, I told them as its a distant twig, it has not been confired and that's all I could give him.

another request to view your tree message tonight:(

Is it the exact message each time?

Comment

yes :(
      After the first message they must be just ticking the box that sends the message with the request.
      If they were a bit more polite I would help them as I've helped others, by looking for more information and pointing them in the right direction.

Comment

unless its a bot of some kind.

Comment

Will have to wait and see if I get another one.
          Still fell better now I have had a moan.
          Thank you Aislin

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the phraseology sound like that of a non native English speaker?

So, the writer may not intend to be as blunt as he/she comes across.

I noticed posts on GR complaining that the tree viewing bit had "broken down" for a few days recently so that may explain the "experiencing difficultys" bit.
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hi Gillian
              I did think that, I have sent a reply saying that I had no details but I would help them out.
              I just keep getting the message Request to view your tree, and I have been caught out by that before, they just pinched half my tree:(

Comment

Working...
              X