Coxhead family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coxhead family

Hi everyone, I am trying to trace a relative, or her children, who married into the COXHEAD family.
    Florence Laura Webber(nee Waters) married Ernest Sidney Coxhead Faringdon 1920 after being widowed in the war. She had, I think, a daughter Florence M M Webber born about 1917 in Taunton Som. At some stage she moved to Wales with her husband and MIGHT be the Florence Coxhead who died 1966 in Cardiff.
    I'd really appreciate any help in confirming any of this or in tracing relatives.
    Hilary

According to the birth index on Ancestry, the mother of Florence M M Webber born in Taunton in the 3rd quarter of 1917 had the maiden name Waters.

Comment

That's right she did. She married Horace Webber in 1917 and her maiden name was Waters. Their daughter was born in 1917 and Horace died in 1918. She then married ernest coxhead.
      Hilary

Comment

OK, as you said "I think", I thought you needed confirmation of Florence's birth.

Do you have the 1966 death cert? Who was the informant?

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry? If so, you could try looking at the phone books or trade directories to see if you can trace their movements that way.

Comment

I don't have any certificates, the information I do have I have got from IGI or freebmd. I can't afford the subscription to Ancestry at this time so I'm trying to find as much as I can without it
          Hilary

Comment

Your best bet will probably be to get the 1966 death cert, in the hope that the informant's somebody you recognise.

Do you know whereabouts in Wales they lived?

I've had a quick look at the phone books on Ancestry, but there are loads of E Coxheads - it'd take hours to look at all of them, and even then you probably wouldn't know if you'd found the right one unless you know the address or town where they lived.

Do you know when Ernest died, or what his occupation was?

If you want to look at the phone books and directories on Ancestry yourself, you could take out the 14-day free trial - you have to give your credit card details, but if you cancel before the 14 days are up, they don't charge you. Alternatively, you should be able to get free access at your local library (if you're in the UK).

Comment

This is presumably Florence's birth:

Births Sep 1893
              Waters Florence Laura St. Saviour 1d 77

and the Florence who died in the Cardiff area in q2 1966 was 72, so the age roughly fits.

Comment

Found something now - I'd been looking for births with the surname Coxhead and maiden name Waters and drew a blank, but there is a birth in Bridgend, Wales, in 1923, with surname Coxhead and mother's maiden name Webber.

I'll PM you the details in case he's still alive.

Comment

To save anyone duplicating searches I've already done, I've also found the son's marriage and births of his two children, which I've PM'd to Hilary.

Comment

The son and his wife are on the electoral roll for 2002-2005:

People Search - People Finder - 192.com

They're not showing after that, either because they've died or because they've opted not to have their name shown on the public register. I haven't found either of their deaths on Ancestry, but the index only goes up to 2005.

There's a possible match for one of their daughters in the electoral roll and the Cheltenham phone book (but it only gives initials).

You'll need to buy some credits with 192.com to find out more.

Comment

There's also a possible marriage for Florence jr in Bridgend. I'll PM you the details.

Comment

Thankyou very much, sorry it took me a while to reply, i had to leave the thread for a while.
                        When you say one of the daughters might be in the Cheltenham phone book can you tell me how you got that information. Is there a website with phonebooks on?
                        Hilary

Comment

Yes, the UK white pages are here:

Residential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT

However, the entry I found was in her maiden name, and she may well have married.

Comment

thanks I'll have a look at that i didn't know about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X