Thomas Francis Curtin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Francis Curtin

I have the death certificate of Thomas Francis Curtin died aged 63, died Jun 1949 of 15 Juer Street, Battersea. He was a Licensed Victualler.

Does anybody know of him?

I'm trying to establish if this was my aunty's father in law and his son would have been her husband, Thomas Francis Curtin who died in the 1950's.

The informant was his son T F Curtin.

My aunty's marriage certificate 1931 to Thomas Francis Curtin, who's father was also Thomas Francis Curtin!
    teresa

do you know the name of thomas senior's wife?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      do you know the name of thomas senior's wife?
      Not sure.... although it could be Catherine as I have found a likely Curtin family on the 1911 Ireland Census living in Church Street (Caher, Kerry)
      teresa

Comment

so thomas junior was born in ireland? i was thinking if you could get his bc, you might be able to find the right father, and therefore get a birth yer, so the age is on the dc would be all good.

what about the address of the informant? is it a place you know your uncle lived at?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          so thomas junior was born in ireland? i was thinking if you could get his bc, you might be able to find the right father, and therefore get a birth yer, so the age is on the dc would be all good.

what about the address of the informant? is it a place you know your uncle lived at?
          Yes Thomas Francis Curtin Jnr was born in Ireland but we don't know for sure where.

The address of the informant T F Curtin was 129 Wiltshire close, Draycott Ave, Chelsea.

I do know my aunty and her husband married in London and lived in Dublin between 1935-1940..back in London by Oct 1940. Lived in Co. Tyrone 1941 -1948. probably lived in Dublin for a few years, her husband died in the 50's in Dublin but the only Death Reg I found for him in Dublin wasn't him at all!

My aunty then came back over to London and lived in Hammersmith where she died. I never knew or met my uncle Tom and didn't meet my Aunty Dinah until the early 1960's.

So those 1949 addresses mean nothing to me as I would have only been a baby then!
          teresa

Comment

maybe you could try electoral rolls for that address? you might be able to see how long the family was there.

Comment

It would be worth browsing here:
              FamilySearch Record Search
              (the beta site)

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi
                I think I may be the T F C who's death certificate you have.
                1911 census 43 Pelham Street Kensington.
                Thomas Francis Curtin age 25 (1886), single, barman.(Can't work out where he was born but it's not Ireland)
                Household consists of
                Robert King age 70 Head
                Robert Victor King age 23 son
                Rosina Maria White age 45 daughter
                Dorothy Mary White age 14 gr dau
                Elsie Florence White age 9 gr dau
                John Jones age 25

If you look at the 1901 ref Rg13/34/134/26
                You will see that Robert King & family are at the same address & his occupation is Licensed Victualler.

Possible marriage for the above T F C in 1912 St Giles to Elizabeth Farrell &
                a son of the same name born 1917 Holborn (mmn Farrell).
                Moggie

Comment

Thomas Francis Curtin Jnr

Thanks so much for your replies and help.

I've just had an email from an older cousin and he tells me that Thomas Francis Curtin Jnr was in the building trade in Dublin and believes my aunty and uncle Tom were living in Armagh and that Tom died in Northern ireland.
                  "It may have been around 1952 as Dolores (our late cousin, their daughter) came to live with us around about 1953. Aunt Dinah also came to England but at a later date possibly, a year after Dolores".

He also thinks that the London Thomas Francis Curtin is not connected.

I've had a look through the pilot site of familysearch and can't find an appropriate death reg for him..they are all much older than he would have been. The nearest one is in Dublin 1958 but I have that one and he was a Widower!

Anybody got a sledge hammer?
                  Last edited by kathsgirl.48; 03-07-09, 19:00. Reason: error
                  teresa

Comment

Working...
                  X