Hope someone out there can help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope someone out there can help!

Hi folks - first time caller (sorry for any errors!)

I am researching my paternal ancestors, surname Crush from Writtle in Essex. I have any number of queries but will try with something hopefully fairly simple.

I am looking for 1901 census entries for Alice Partridge nee Crush born 1868 in Writtle. Her husband is Alfred William Partridge. In 1891 they were in West Ham and in 1911 they were in East Ham. Perhaps it's my eyesight but I can't find them in 1901.

I am also trying to find my grandmother and her parents, William (Thomas) and Mary Ann Eliza Youngin 1901 census. My grandmother Florence May Young was born in Wanstead in March 1899 but I can't find them either. There is a Florence Young in Wanstead but the parents' names are different.

Any help would be much appreciated and I would be able to move on to my mother's side of the family.
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Alf Wm Patridge 33
    Alice Patridge 32
    Alf Herbert Patridge 10
    Sidney Chas Patridge 7
    Alb Henry Patridge 6
    Ivy Alice Patridge 1
    Harold Victor Patridge 4 months
    Class: RG13; Piece: 1585; Folio: 84; Page: 31.
    Tracy

Comment

Many thanks Orangeblossom - it's definitely the right family (despite the spelling)
      Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Welcome to FTF
        Do you know the year of birth of William Thomas and Mary Ann Young?
        Is this their marriage
        William Young
        Year of Registration 1896
        Quarter of Registration Oct-Nov-Dec
        District West Ham
        County Essex,
        Volume 4a
        Page 323
        othere on the page Mary Ann E Gunn
        Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 02-07-09, 15:32.
        GWEN

Comment

I can see a Florence May young born 1899 born Wanstead in the 1901 census the father is william but the mother is called florence so far that is the only one I can see. You dont think mum has changd her name. I've had this happen in two of my families?
          GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by r642611 View Post
            I am also trying to find my grandmother and her parents, William (Thomas) and Mary Ann Eliza Youngin 1901 census. My grandmother Florence May Young was born in Wanstead in March 1899 but I can't find them either. There is a Florence Young in Wanstead but the parents' names are different.
            Do you have Florence's birth cert? The only Florence I can find, born in Wanstead, in both 1901 and 1911 is the daughter of William and Florence.
            Tracy

Comment

I can only find a William and Florence with a daughter Florence too.

There were two Florence Young births in West Ham in 1899 - Florence in MarQ and Florence May in June Q. There is no corresponding death in West Ham for either of them before the 1901 census.
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Gwen
                William is born circa 1876 gojng by a previous census page but the marriage is the right one

Orangeblossom
                I do have the birth certificate - she was born 27 March 1899 at 4 Tilney Rd Wanstead, daughter of William and Mary Ann Eliza Young formerly Gunn

Just Gillian
                I can't say which Florence Young she was but I knew her details anyway

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Sorry I still cannot find a florence with a william and Mary ann as parents in 1901.
                  Just a thought have you tried the essex records on line they are free to search and look at. They do have records for Wanstead just had a quick look.

GWEN

Comment

The Florence with parents William and Florence may well be the same as the one on the birth cert that you've got.

In 1901 Harry and Emma Parsons are at 4 Tilney Road, but William, Florence and Florence (and a son William aged 4) are at 7 Tilney Road which seems a bit of a coincidence.

Have you found the mother prior to 1901 and if so what does she call herself?
                    Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by r642611 View Post
                      Gwen

Just Gillian
                      I can't say which Florence Young she was but I knew her details anyway

Thanks for all your help
                      r642611 - I was just making the point, for information for anyone helping, that there were possibly still two Florences out there in 1901 with the same year of birth and both born West Ham.
                      Gillian
                      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

What was William's occupation on Florence's birth cert?
                        Tracy

Comment

To all the kind people who have taken time to send me replies

I have checked the Essex online records but as far as I can make out the Wanstead records are all on microfiche. I did see William & Florence Young at 7 Tilney Rd (my grandmother did have a brother Will BTW) but for the life of me I can't understand why Mary Ann would change her first name. I might have to bite the bullet and take a trip to Chelmsford Record Office in Sept.

Until then...

Comment

Orangeblossom

William's occupation at her birth was General Labourer and when Florence married (2 Jan 1919) he was listed as Soldier

Comment

Working...
                            X