Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry marriages 1916-1983 have gone AWOL this morning

Help!

Can anybody still see this section on BMD section homepage? It was there early this morning but I haven't got it now. Please can I have a link if someone has it? Many thanks.

Not there for me either. Wonder if they are updating it as more have now been transcribed by FreeBMD. I'm now doing 1943.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

England & Wales Birth Marriage and Death Indexes 1837-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

Its there for me.

Comment

I'm trying to trawl 1930 onwards. I hope you're right Wendy, it will be such a great help not to have to trawl year by year every quarter. I'll just have to do something else till it re-appears.

Comment

Ooh looks as if we won't have to trawl any more

Search England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

I found them through the card catalogue
          Jackie

Comment

Get the search form up for 1837-1915 marriages, scroll down and click on the link to marriages after 1915 & they come up.
            Moggie

Comment

I think I may have figured out what's wrong. I'm at work just now and we're still on IE6. I clicked on your link Maggie and it still isn't there. It could well be this ancient browser as every time I've logged in this week there's a box telling me I need to upgrade my browser. I still had the marriages at 5am this morning though (I couldn't sleep!). Today must be the day for taking things away coz I've ignored them LOL

What version browser are you using Maggie?

Comment

Thanks ever so much Jackie. It works on that link! Brilliant.

Comment

Marriages from 1910 to 1949 are being transcribed on FreeBMD, and many years are now complete. See the following link for which years are complete or near to completion.

FreeBMD : Coverage
                  Wendy

Comment

I use IE7 and Firefox but that was IE7.

Comment

Grrr!! The blooming woman never married! Back to the drawing board and wait till they do the same with deaths and see if she is registered under the surname she used.

Comment

Night Owl, that 1916-2005 link has been there for a while now, but the whole period is nowhere near complete (or at least it wasn't last time I checked).

I'm wondering if they're doing their own transcriptions rather than waiting for FreeBMD, like they did with births?

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                          Ooh looks as if we won't have to trawl any more

Search England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

I found them through the card catalogue

ooh great at last.

All my links worked.

Comment

I think they are doing or have done their own Mary.

This is from the ancestry website:
                            Ancestry has taken the bold step of commissioning an "every name" transcript of all GRO indexes from 1916 – 2005. Births and Marriages are already online and the index of deaths for the same period will be ready to search by the end of 2009.
                            Elaine

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                I think they are doing or have done their own Mary.

This is from the ancestry website:
                                Ancestry has taken the bold step of commissioning an "every name" transcript of all GRO indexes from 1916 – 2005. Births and Marriages are already online and the index of deaths for the same period will be ready to search by the end of 2009.
                                Not so long to wait then, nice! I'll put it my letter to Santa LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                  Night Owl, that 1916-2005 link has been there for a while now, but the whole period is nowhere near complete (or at least it wasn't last time I checked).

I'm wondering if they're doing their own transcriptions rather than waiting for FreeBMD, like they did with births?
                                  I think they've digitised them all now although its not really clear. Its listed in the updated databases for 1st July

Recent Genealogy Databases - Ancestry.co.uk
                                  Jackie

Comment

I see that you can now "Find Spouse" on Ancestry once you have one half of a marriage. That will save a lot of time.
                                    Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                                      I think they've digitised them all now although its not really clear. Its listed in the updated databases for 1st July

Recent Genealogy Databases - Ancestry.co.uk
                                      Ooh, thanks, I hadn't checked in the last few days.

I've just found a load of second cousins I didn't know I had!

Comment

Working...
                                      X