Yet another Bristol question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Bristol question.

I'm trying to find where 313 Berekley Square Bristol would have been in the early 1800s around 1840.

I've got a few wills with Bristol addresses for properties handed down, but I've finally found a number on a death cert.

Google maps and street view have the street but the numbers are obviously different now.

Thanks.

Libby, I know you will have been on google earth, have you taken the street map and "walked" round, to get some idea of the place?

Comment

Yes, Barbara. I think I know which building it is as there seems to be only one that comes up on sites as being around at that time and earlier.

Beautiful place.

Comment

Why not ask the local Studies department at Bristol Library?
        Bristol City Council: Libraries - information and advice: Central Library - Family history and local studies

Comment

313 seems a very high number, there aren't that many houses in Berkeley Square.
          I think you were also looking for a house in Prince's buildings, what number was that, as I could take a pic for you.

Nicky

Comment

Thanks Hughar....I'll try them.

Nicky............I was looking for that. I've just walked in the door from a 7 hour round trip taking grandson home, so will check the census and get back to you if you don't mind. It was a school in the 1851 from memory.

This family owned several properties in Bristol including Berkeley Sq, Brunswick Sq, and Ashley Downs Estate. I've always wondered if any of the buildings are still standing.

Comment

Working...
            X