Whats Happened to ANCESTRY today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Happened to ANCESTRY today?

Have just logged on to Ancestry & they have changed the format. I cannot find anything. I would normally open a tree,go to people & everything would be laid out in order. Not know,its a mess. (Or is it me just hot & bothered)
    Matt
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Its a total mess. I have sent two messages on their feedback email over the last two weeks to say it isn't so good. I haven't received anything back.

They say they have changed the layout to make the pages easier to load which is a poor excuse to be honest.

Its bad, its messy, its confusing and not a nice layout at all.

What I suggest is hit the feedback button and give them some feedback.

Comment

Maggie,you are right it is a mess & I have sent some comments back to them today.
      I also sent feedback a few weeks age regarding the colour scheme.I am partly colour blind and the choice of green print doesn't make it easy to see. (My wife told me it was green)
      Matt

Comment

It doesn't seem any different to normal.
        Elaine

Comment

I find it crazy to change things when clearly they work and looked okay.

Web designs have to be clean, clear. easy to read and not to jazzy with colour.

I picked out one of the reasons they give in their spiel i.e.easier to load but thats a programming thing and they should know how to have a good layout without overloading it with programming.

Surely they have people employed to test what works on the eye on computers and what appeals and what works.

To be honest its giving me an headache trying to work out stuff everything is so messy and all over the place re relationships on the profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            It doesn't seem any different to normal.
            Its the family tree layout not the search bits or the front home page bits. If that makes sense.

Comment

It's strange - some people can still access the old layout, but others have no option but to go with the new set-up.

I'm one of the latter and although I think the print is more attractive, I think it's disjointed and I can't find the equivalent of the old 'People With Hints' page.

Gwyn
              Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

I'm using it now and it is working fine,
                I quite like the new layout now I have got used to it.:o

Comment

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
                  From a viewing perspective I think it looks better - has more of a Family Tree Maker format with the family view and a larger number of generations shown on an ancestor chart. Not sure how easy it is to use if you use Ancestry to build your tree.
                  Elaine

Comment

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
                    From a viewing perspective I think it looks better - has more of a Family Tree Maker format with the family view and a larger number of generations shown on an ancestor chart. Not sure how easy it is to use if you use Ancestry to build your tree.
                    Well I have to disagree it looks like an explosion in a cake factory. Why would they want to emulate a FTM format? To be honest I don't think it does look like a FTM format, wells there's so many whose to choose.

And you could always see a larger number of generations shown on an ancestor chart without the new format.

If you were to send a link to someone to view your tree as it looks now they'd never get it. They'd give up I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                      Why would they want to emulate a FTM format?
                      Presumably they think it´s a good product!
                      Elaine

Comment

Presumably they think it´s a good product!
                        But they haven't it looks nothing like.

Comment

Well I like it but I'd like a choice which style to use at least for a while ,I cant find what I have and haven't got UGH

Comment

can anybody view the families in the saved census images ??? I cant, have emailed them

Comment

Val, I can view them if I click on to 'Historical Records', on the right, under family details.

Gwyn

Comment

thanks Gwyn its made me miserable tonight was doing really well, but dont like the new format at all

Comment

Neither do I its made it a whole lot more difficult just to put some simple details on to share with others and have a quick look at stuff its so messy.

Comment

This is one of their improvements coming soon....

"Hire an experienced family historian who can assist you with your research—or even do the work for you".

That will cost an arm & a leg.

Comment

Aha - just discovered the 'Hints' section is there if you press 'Recent Activity' - good game this eh!!!

Gwyn

Comment

but what about not recent activity LOL

Comment

Working...
                                        X