St Nicholas Parish, Droitwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Nicholas Parish, Droitwich

I always thought that this parish started in Victorian times, but I found out today that a relative was buried there in 1753. Or was it a different parish of the same name? I'm a bit confused....

Also, why isn't it covered by the IGI (at all)?
    Last edited by tanyal; 01-07-09, 10:49.

According to the St. Nicholas page on the BMSGH site at DroitwichStNicholas there are no Droitwich St Nicholas parish registers prior to 1870, but the Bishops transcripts go back to 1611.

Comment

Originally posted by hughar View Post
      According to the St. Nicholas page on the BMSGH site at DroitwichStNicholas there are no Droitwich St Nicholas parish registers prior to 1870, but the Bishops transcripts go back to 1611.
      I see, thank you.

I wonder what happened to the parish registers.

Comment

St Nicholas church used to be nearer St Andrews church in the town but burnt down, a window from the old church is in a pub in Friar St called the Old Cock.
        I would say the parish registers were lost in the fire.
        I will pm you soon Tanyal with the info I got yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          St Nicholas church used to be nearer St Andrews church in the town but burnt down, a window from the old church is in a pub in Friar St called the Old Cock.
          I would say the parish registers were lost in the fire.
          I will pm you soon Tanyal with the info I got yesterday.
          I'm sorry to hear that. I always feel a little sick when I hear of records being destroyed....

And, thanks, Ian, for doing the lookups for me.

Comment

Working...
          X