1911 census married 7 years ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census married 7 years ???

if a lady who has a son aged 3 on the 1911 census and states she is a Widow and been married 7 years would you say her Husband must have been alive until at least 1907 ??? am trying to find his death am I looking at the right time scale??

Val

Remember that no one ever checked census information to ensure that it was true - she could have put down anything.

OC

Comment

yes I know your right OC but was sort of hoping this bit was true ???????????? thanks for replying

Comment

The kid might not necessarily be by her husband, of course!

Comment

The 1911 census was taken on 2 April 1911.

In the extreme case, if the son was just one day short of 4 years old at the time of the census, he would have been born on 3 April 1907. Then allowing for the normal 9 month gestation period, his Father could have died any time after early July 1906. So you do need to look back to 1906 for the Father's death.

Comment

thanks Hugh I will have another look, and Richard thanks too I did wonder if she had actually married at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I did wonder if she had actually married at all ?
              Is the father named on the Son's birth certificate, and have you found the parents' marriage? Also since the mother said in 1911 that she had been married for 7 years, you should be able to find her in the 1901 census. Have you looked?

Comment

Thanks I have her single in 1901 them a widow in 1911 cannot find a marriage for her or a birth for the son only found the husbands name on her death cert.

Comment

Working...
                X