X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for cousin listed on great grand aunts death cert

Hi
    Trying to find a cousin listed on cert
    I have death cert for MAry J White age 53 26 july 1918 at 19 park lane east tipton staffordshire cousin is listed as informant C M Swingler address as grosvenor rd rugby , looked up 1911 census and surname at this address is Bayliss
    Mary Jane White was born 1863 tipton parents Joseph White and Mary ( josh and mary were both born in barby northampton)

can't find where C M swingler fits into family line

help plse
    Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

It could be that Swingler is a married name. Does this marriage mean anything to you?

Marriages Dec 1916
    Howe Charlotte M Swingler Rugby 6d 1556
    Swingler William J Howe Rugby 6d 1556
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Hi Jebbo
      I am certain that the marriage that Jeanette found is for the person who you are looking for. I have worked out that Charlotte Howe & Mary Jane White were 2nd cousins.
      Mary Jane's mother was born Mary Salisbury (mother Maria), she had a sister Charlotte born c 1822 Barby (mother Maria). Charlotte Salisbury married William Barrett 1849 (Rugby district), they had a daughter Mary Ann Barrett born Barby 1856 (Rugby district). Mary Ann Barrett married William Howe 1874(Rugby district) They had a daughter Charlotte Maria Howe born 1875 (Rugby district) & she went on to marry William J Swingler in 1916.
      Moggie

Comment

Nice one, Moggie!

OC

Comment

Well done Moggie!

I had to go out to the hairdresser's after I put that message up. I was just looking in to see if anyone had had a go ;)
          Jeanette
          Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Well done Moggie.

I looked to see if maybe she had children couldn't find any that look likely but she was 41 when she got married so perhaps not.

Couldn't see an earlier marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanette In Yorkshire View Post
              It could be that Swingler is a married name. Does this marriage mean anything to you?

Marriages Dec 1916
              Howe Charlotte M Swingler Rugby 6d 1556
              Swingler William J Howe Rugby 6d 1556
              Yes thats the CM I am searching for ( thought there might be salisbury family connection but just couldn't find the link)
              big thankyou you are amazing

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                Hi Jebbo
                I am certain that the marriage that Jeanette found is for the person who you are looking for. I have worked out that Charlotte Howe & Mary Jane White were 2nd cousins.
                Mary Jane's mother was born Mary Salisbury (mother Maria), she had a sister Charlotte born c 1822 Barby (mother Maria). Charlotte Salisbury married William Barrett 1849 (Rugby district), they had a daughter Mary Ann Barrett born Barby 1856 (Rugby district). Mary Ann Barrett married William Howe 1874(Rugby district) They had a daughter Charlotte Maria Howe born 1875 (Rugby district) & she went on to marry William J Swingler in 1916.
                Moggie
                Wow Moggie , thats amazing , appreciate your help

big big thankyou

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                X