Worcs History Centre lookups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worcs History Centre lookups

I am hoping to go to the Worcs History centre if I have time this week if anyone would like something looked up

yes please
    The birth of Albert Edward Turner jun q 1870 upton 6c 333
    I am looking for his parents Lewis Turner/William Lewis Turner wife Hannah both born Staffordshire but I think they married Worcestershire.
    I was just going to send for Alberts cert but if you can find the details it would save me money
    Thanks

Comment

I would like a marriage look up please for James Hicken and Emma Hughes in 1862, but l only know it was at Kidderminster. I dont know the church. If this is too big an ask l will understand
      Pam

Comment

Hi Ian

If you get the chance, would you be able to look up this marriage licence for me, to see if there's any more info, or if there's a marriage allegation/bond:

Married at Worcester, St Peter the Great, WOR Date 14/5/1792 Licence – Groom Thos. MOODY, Bride Mary TAYLOR

Cheers,
        Richard
        Last edited by Richard in Perth; 30-06-09, 02:06.

Comment

Hi Ian,

You are a wonderful man!! I have spent all day wrestling with a wretched man called Thomas SPAREY/SPARREY (born abt 1846/8 in either Kinver, Staffs or Worcestershire, (or Whittington, Staffs depending on which census you look at!) . I have managed to trace him from 1851 through to 1901 - with his wife, Elizabeth, (born abt 1847, Castle Cary, Somerset).

In 1871 they were living in Dudley, Worcestershire with a daughter Clara (9 months) so I am assuming they would have been married prior to 1871 - say perhaps 1869. The only marriage that I can find that is even vaguely close is
          FREE BMD:
          March qtr 1869
          Elizabeth Ann HARNOLD married Thomas SPARROW at Dudley 6c 68

Dear Thomas appeared in the 1851 census as Thomas SPARROW - so I would love to be able to rule this one in or out!!!!!

If you have a chance I would be ever so grateful if you could find anything on this - it is driving me over the wall!!!!

Many, many thanks,

Marion
          There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Worcs History lookups

Im sorry Marion I went this morning so missed your post but I do go quite often so if you havent ruled it out by then I will check it for you.
            As for the other lookups I didnt have as much time as I wanted but will pm everyone with what I found/didnt find.

Comment

Not a problem Ian - I have checked everything I can think of online and being downunder is a bit of a problem. Perhaps you could leave it in your "in box" for the moment - if a flash of lightning hits me in the meantime I will let you know pronto!! I was considering posting a thread for help as this problem has been with me for some years now and it was only yesterday I managed to finish tracing him - not much help when I wanted his wife Elizabeth (hopefully ARNOLD).
              Thanks again,
              Marion

Comment

marion, have you got clara's birth cert? that would give you mother's maiden name. or another child's, if clara's isn't obvious?

Comment

I found the marriage for Marion when I was in the centre a couple of days ago.
                  Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Oh I,m glad you have told us that Daphne, as l had put it on my list for when l next go to Dudley Archives. :D
                    Pam

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      marion, have you got clara's birth cert? that would give you mother's maiden name. or another child's, if clara's isn't obvious?
                      Thanks for the thought - I hadn't bothered with her certificate as I wasn't even sure that I had the right person as the mother - but Daphne was lovely and checked out the details for me (thank you again - I slept better that night!).

Thank you also Pam for thinking of looking it up for me - I must admit I don't often ask for help on the forum and the replies when I do are overwhelming - it is such a lovely place to be!

Just as an aside - it seems they were married as a SPARROW and a HARNOLD. His name eventually became SPARRY and she was born an ARNOLD - but the registration showed "they both made their mark" - so I am assuming that as neither of them could write they had no idea how to spell their name and it was written by the Minister as he thought it sounded!

Again my thanks to everyone.

Marion
                      Last edited by MarionH; 04-07-09, 02:31. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X