No announcement yet.

Please help with document line spacing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with document line spacing.

I have all my Family Tree pages copied in Word..... I recently changed from XP to Vista..... I've put my Word documents back on the computer and some of the lines are wider than others....

It's just odd lines .... when I look in 'line spacing' it says they're on '1' ...but some are definitely wider than others ... it means .... it's knocking my documents off the bottom of the pages .... and I can't seem to get them right.

Will I have to redo all my work ....?

Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Jean, what do you see when you show the non-printing characters - click on the Show/Hide icon that looks like a P facing backwards. This will show the paragraph marks. It could just be that there are some additional returns.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Hi Lorry ..... I know what you mean but everything's OK ... except some lines have a small black square at the beginning and end ... and I don't know what these are ... they seem like a bullet point but I haven't got any bullet points and I can't get the cursor over to delete them. It must be something to do with formatting but I'm sick of trying different things .....

Sorry .. just looked ...... they haven't all got the black squares ...
      Jean
      Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 29-06-09, 10:28.
      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Jean, I've PM'd you.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Working...
        X