Ancestry Worldwide Lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Worldwide Lookup please

Antonio De Chiara came over from Italy (probably Naples) to New York on the Andrea Doria in 1955-1956. Right behind him on the Cristoforo Columbo was his wife Maria and their daughter, who was an infant at the time. Its too late for Ellis Island and any search for the Andrea Doria just brings up the tragedy of its sinking. I did find a couple of Antonio's on Ancestry, but I don't have a subscription.

Would someone be so kind as to look them up for me?

Hi

you would need someone that has a 'worldwide' sub to ancestry for them to see American records, would you like me to change your thread title to include this?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I didn't realize. Yes, thank you.

Comment

I have world membership - can I help?
        Is it the 1954 passenger list you are interested in?
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Aislin View Post
          I didn't realize. Yes, thank you.

thats ok sorted now..

hope you get it sorted
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry - I just realised that these people are probably living so I shouldn't be putting details on the forum.
            Apologies. I think that is the rule - could a mod help me out with this please as I don't want to break the rules.
            Last edited by herky; 28-06-09, 23:25.
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

No, Antonio and his wife, Maria, are no longer with us, but their daughter is.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Aislin View Post
                Antonio De Chiara came over from Italy (probably Naples) to New York on the Andrea Doria in 1955-1956. Right behind him on the Cristoforo Columbo was his wife Maria and their daughter, who was an infant at the time. Its too late for Ellis Island and any search for the Andrea Doria just brings up the tragedy of its sinking. I did find a couple of Antonio's on Ancestry, but I don't have a subscription.

Would someone be so kind as to look them up for me?
                1954 Andrea Doria Tourist Class from Naples, 12 March 1954 to New York, 21 March 1954;

#16: De Chiara, Antonio;2349 1st Ave New York,N.Y;I-201.,36;Italian;2 [pieces of luggage]

The only Maria Chiara I can find in that time frame on the ship you specify is

1954 Cristoforo Columbo from Genoa 29 Dec 1954 to New York 7 Jan 1955
                #4; Chiara, Anna Maria; Washington Valley Road, Martinsville, N.J;I-559348;Italian

There is no child shown beside her name.

Hope this is of help.

Beverley

Comment

Macbev, that does help, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X