Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Edward Charles Emms emigrate to Montreal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Edward Charles Emms emigrate to Montreal?

Hi All,

Any Canadian/American Emms researchers out there?

After a break I'm picking up some loose ends.... one of which is did my great Uncle Edward Charles Emms emigrate to Canada, as some family members believe he may have? He appears on the 1901 census, but has vanished come 1911.

He was born in 1882 in Bethnal Green, Middlesex, the eldest of a very large family of 12. The Allan Line's 'Tunisian' carried a Mr E Emms from Liverpool to Montreal in 1906 (31st May) List Number: 525630. Ship arrived on 8th June. No age is given on the passenger list. Where do I go from here - any ideas?

Just to complicate things further - a Mr Emms emigrated from Liverpool to Boston, USA 25th August, 1902 on the Ivernia. Again, no age given.

Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

Can't help with that, but I have Emms (Hems, Emmes) from Gloucestershire so would be glad if you have Glos connections!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There is a marriage between an Edward Emms, electrician,[son of Michael Emms, deceased and Mary Ann Dunne] and Mary Agnes Mauger in StMichael the Archangel, Montreal on the 24 October 1911.

Have saved the image for you if it is your man. Doesn't say how old he is....just 'of age'.

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
        Can't help with that, but I have Emms (Hems, Emmes) from Gloucestershire so would be glad if you have Glos connections!
        Sorry Little Nell - no Glos connections found yet. Ours hailed from the cluster of Emms around the Norwich area. Presumably migrated to London in search of work (bit like now really )

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
          There is a marriage between an Edward Emms, electrician,[son of Michael Emms, deceased and Mary Ann Dunne] and Mary Agnes Mauger in StMichael the Archangel, Montreal on the 24 October 1911.

Have saved the image for you if it is your man. Doesn't say how old he is....just 'of age'.
          I much appreciate your help Macbev. It would be great if this was my man, but sadly his parents were Edward Emms (surprisingly enough) and Mary Harrison. Thanks for looking though. Wendy

Comment

Working...
          X