Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could anyone look this up on Ancestry, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone look this up on Ancestry, please?

Could anyone look this entry up? I can't get a subscription to them because we do not have a credit card :(:

Pallot's marriage index:

Richd PONMAN and Cathe DURKIN.

They should have got married between 1826 and 1832 (in 1833 they had their first child in my estimation).

Hi Kiki

it says:

1832 - T. St. John, Hackney Middlesex (for the date of marriage)
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 28-06-09, 12:12.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

So, where do I now find a copy of the entry in the register? As I undestand, after 1835, the original parish of St John (before St Augustine) was sub-divided several times, but the church still exists now.

The LDS do not seem to have a record because not under DURKIN, nor PONMAN, POUMAN, PENMAN, PONDMAN can I find an entry.

I have googled, but being non-British, I don't really know where to look and I am in Germany, so going there and finding out is a little difficult...

Anyone ideas?

Comment

Hi Kiki,

I think that you possibly would find the marriage at the 'LMA' (london metropolitan archives) Ancestry have begun to put this online, but I am not sure exactly how far they have got. You might be better asking for a member to check if they are going there in person.

not unless you are planning to visit the uk yourself?
          Julie

Comment

You can get an Ancestry sub without a credit card, it just takes longer. The details are on their site under the Q&A's,

Comment

I always had to used a credit card but let mine ancestry lapse this year. When I rejoined they said the credit card wasn't valid so I used my debit card.

Having said that I haven't had a statement yet!!
              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I renewed my Ancestry sub. with a debit/Visa Electron card.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I had a look on ancestrys site, and now it appears they take 'maestro' too (used to be switch)
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    I had a look on ancestrys site, and now it appears they take 'maestro' too (used to be switch)
                    I know that. Unfortunately Maestro in Luxemburg and Belgium (which is where we have our Maestro-cards) has no credit-card type number. British and other Maestro cards have credit-card type numbers. So, even when we want a hotel, the systems do not accept our maestro-number, because it is the same as our bank card number.

I know, it is weird, but it is like that.

But if it is possible to get a subscription by bank transfer, we'll certainly get that if the time is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X