blacksmith of brigham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blacksmith of brigham

can someone help me locate matthew faulder, a blacksmith in brigham on the 1841 census please? this is all i know of him.

he was informant to my 5th great grandmother margaret baty on her death cert in 1837. im hoping there is a connection.

I've had a look but no luck yet. The blacksmith in Brigham in 1841 is Jonathan Faulder - perhaps Matthew is his son but has moved elsewhere by 1841.

I'll keep looking for a while.

Jane

Comment

maybe jonathan is matthew's son, and matthew has died by 1841!
      margaret and her husband andrew are giving me all types of headaches!!
      there are literally no records of them before marriage, its like they appeared out of thin air!! i was hoping matthew might have been a distant relative or in law.

nothing coming up for matthew faulder deaths!!

Comment

Seems quite possible that Matthew was Jonathan's father - I've had a look for a death for Matthew but can't find one.

Jonathan had a son John who is shown as a Smith in 1841 and a Blacksmith in 1851.

Comment

Have found a likely baptism for Jonathan on the IGI.

Father Moses, mother Betty, baptised Brigham 9/10/1791.

Comment

Moses and Betty also had William, John and Mary - was hoping that maybe Matthew was Jonathan's brother - Of course he may have been but his baptism is not listed.

Comment

thank you for the help jane. i might have to get into the parish records then!!

Comment

Kyle,

I'm planning a visit to Whitehaven RO at the end of July, & Brigham PRs are on my "to do" list. If you PM me all the names & dates etc I will see if anything "pops" up.
                ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Working...
                X