Scottish Research frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Research frustration

I know that the Scottish certs have loads of info, but I am frustrated by the date that they started. :( My ggg grandparents married in Scotland in 1848, but the PR doesn't give the names of their respective fathers. I am fairly sure that I have found them but can't be totally sure. I believe I have the baptsim in England for my ggg grandfather, (although his mother is shown as being a widow in 1841) but I can't find my ggg grandmother's in Scotland. I believe I have her in 1841 with father brother & sister, but can't find her father in 1851 & because there are no certs for that time, I can't find a death for him either. I thought I'd found a death in the pr's but that has prved to be a red herring.

It is SO frustrating :(
    Lynn

Their death certs will have their parents names on them, as long as the informant knew them, of course!

OC

Comment

But, unfortunately they moved to England & both died in Lincolnshire. The names of their children do relate to the father's I believe are theirs but that could be co incidence.
      Lynn

Comment

Oh, how blinky annoying!

I have the reverse problem - died in Scotland but apparently never born! The names of the parents appear to be a flight of fancy on the part of the daughter who registered their deaths.

OC

Comment

Perhaps she didn't know & so made up some names?
          I have the baptism & death cert of the brother who was with her in 1841 but not the sister & also the baptisms of 2 other siblings. I just wish I could find her baptism to confirm things
          Lynn

Comment

Working...
          X