FTM 2009 Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 Help Please

I have a second cousin who was married twice and had children in both marriages.

I had one of the children attached to the wrong marriage and thought I had corrected it.

When I click on the preferred wife and then on any of the children the Family View is correct.

When I click on the second wife and then on the child I moved the Family View shows her father’s parents as her parents. With other children of this marriage the Family View is correct.

I hope I have explained myself OK can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it?

Thanks
    Malcolm

Not sure what you've done wrong as I don't use FTM, but could you delete the child all together and recreate their record against the correct parents?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Rather than deleting the child, which may affect any descendants he/she may have, you should detach the child from the wrong set of parents and then attach to the correct set of parents.

Detaching a Child from the Wrong Parents in Family Tree Maker 2009

Attaching a Child to a Father and Mother in Family Tree Maker 2009
      Elaine

Comment

Yes, of course, if there are descendants deletion would be a last resort.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Elaine & Lorry, Thanks for the help sorry for the delay in answering I’m on the west coast of the USA so an eight hour time difference.

Malcolm

Comment

Elaine just to let you know detaching then reattaching to the correct parents solved the problem. I still don’t know what happened unless I missed something when I split my tree. My Mom is Scottish and Dad is English and I decided to have an English and a Scottish tree.

Malcolm

Comment

Pleased that you have been able to sort it.
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X