Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM publishing query

This is really irritating me.

I want to show the marriage details on both the male and femal and it only shows on the female. I have looked on all the menus to see if I can changed the default.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Are you talking about the display on a chart?
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      Are you talking about the display on a chart?
      Yes.

So there is a child and two parents.

Only those 3 in a chart and the marriage details is only on display in the male box. I want it on both parents.

Comment

I don't think there is a way to do it - personally cannot see why you would want to repeat the information anyway!

In FTM 2006 by default on an ancestor tree it puts the marriage details into the male box, but on a descendant tree it puts the marriage against the person marrying into the blood line. There doesn't seem an option to duplicate and I would have thought this was fairly standard practice with any genealogy software.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          I don't think there is a way to do it - personally cannot see why you would want to repeat the information anyway!

In FTM 2006 by default on an ancestor tree it puts the marriage details into the male box, but on a descendant tree it puts the marriage against the person marrying into the blood line. There doesn't seem an option to duplicate and I would have thought this was fairly standard practice with any genealogy software.
          I'm just a pedant I want everyone to have all 'their' information on each of their little bits
          Last edited by Guest; 28-06-09, 09:07. Reason: decided to turn myself into a pedant rather than a pendant! :)

Comment

Working...
          X