Converting to PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to PDF

I think I must be having a blond (read...grey) moment.

I used to scan my documents with my HP and they'd be PDF files. Now OH has a Brother and they scan to JPG files. I need to use his scanner as they are A3.

I have emailed them to someone and they have asked if I can email them as PDF instead of JPG.

Anyone know how to convert them???

I don't have Photoshop or Corel which I think can do this.

Thanks.

If you don't have a graphics program or scanner that can do this, you'll need to download a converter. Alternatively, if it's just one or two, you can convert them here. Just click on Browse and locate the file. Once converted, you then download it as a zip file. Not sure what the quality will be like, but it may be worth a try.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks.

I downloaded the converter you put up. Everything seems to work as they said it would.

I've printed the pictures to the printer as they said. Then apparently you open them with Adobe. But somehow I've still only got the originals.

I'll keep trying, although JPG files weren't on their list to convert, it did say nearly all.

Comment

Did you save the PDF files when asked to? If not, just use save from Adobe. I just tried it and it worked fine.
        Last edited by lorry53; 27-06-09, 08:25.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

If you download Open Office you can convert jpg to pdf very easily.
          For images you will need Open Office Draw - just copy and paste your image into it and then export as pdf. Very easy.
          You can do the same with word processing docs (Open Office Writer) and spreadsheets (Open Office Calc) - both will export to pdf.

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

It's very easy to use - if you have used Microsoft Office then you will find it is very similar.
          Elaine

Comment

PDF Files

Just reading the latest post on PDF files. I am currently using Microsoft Office 2007 and Vista. Some of the features are good but a few not so good. In the previous versions of Office I could scan directly into Word and use my OCR programme directly from Word, these two options are not available in the latest verson. I would also like to be able to convert files to PDF format. Can anyone tell me if the other programme mentioned allows direct scanning and OCR into the programme?
            Regards Genious

Comment

Libby, Does the scanner not give you the option to save as PDF. Are you scanning as a document or as a pic?

Comment

Hi Lyn...........

This is on my OH's whizz bang new scanner/ copier/ printer/ coffee maker, etc lol

NO!!!! It won't let you scan as a PDF.

On the other hand, my little old HP will......lol

Trouble is...his is A3 and mine's A4 and he needed A3.

I fixed it with open office though.

Comment

I am about to buy a new one...makes a note not to get a Brother!!

Comment

Working...
                  X