Scotland'sPeople Freebie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland'sPeople Freebie

Just had a communication from a cousin in Scotland, which may be of interest to many of you.

"There is an offer with Scotlands People in todays paper so I thought I better tell you about it, I just hope you are at home!

Log on to Scotlands People as usual and then go to the section Need MORE?. (this is where you usually go to buy more credits). You will then be taken to a page where you should enter the code heraldmag. (This is towards the bottom of the screen where there is a space to enter in 'voucher' details )

You will then be allocated 20 free credits worth £4.

You must redeem the voucher before 1pm on Saturday 27th June in other words this Saturday."

I was very pleased to get this info, as it has allowed me to reactivate some credits that had gone past their expiree date. Hope it is of help to someone else

Beverley

No one's responded Bev. I think they must have all rushed straight to SP.

Thanks for the info.
    Kit

Comment

I don't have any Scotties :(

Comment

I've got the credits Bev but it looks like they expire at 9pm tonight. Not long to use them.
        Kit

Comment

Woohoo! Thank you so much Bev!
          Got mine.

Kit - re the time of expiry. In my case, it's 2159 hours. That 's the total number of hours ie 90 days.

Edit - and presumably these 20 would reactivate any expired credits sitting in the accounts already?
          Last edited by Just Gillian; 26-06-09, 08:18.
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Gillian. I thought it was a bit mean of them.
            Kit

Comment

Thanks - shame may not get on there today as just finished night shift and am totally knackered.
              Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

I read it as 'activate the voucher by the due date'. I think there is the usual amount of time to make use of the credits. My 'expiry' time reads much like Gillian's.

And yes, Gillian - it reactivated the 12 credits I had sitting there.

Beverley

Comment

thanx bev, i saw this and rushed straight off!! good thing too, coz im not supposed to be here, and if i hadn't thought "what's on ftf today?" i would never have seen it!!

i got 3 images, and managed to find many baps to get another time!! :D

Comment

thanks Bev.... I'm off to SP to do some research...and yes my useless remaining 2 credits may just get used up tonight. Back shortly.
                    "chasing dead rellies"
                    GO STORM

Comment

Thanks that is brilliant - just got the extra 20 credits so can fid a few missing bunnies - thanks so much as it has also activated remaining credits too.
                      Angelina

Comment

I had bought a few just recently, but it added these and extended the "use by" date as well. Thank you.
                        Caroline
                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

wow ... it worked! I've spent so much looking for Scottish rellies, it's nice to have a couple of freebie searches ...............

thanks for sharing with us Bev
                          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Thanks for this info Bev. Just did mine
                            Tracy

Comment

Thank you very much Bev.

I spent 20 credits yesterday that didn't do much good for me so now they are replaced for today's little jaunt through the indexes again knowing where I went wrong yesterday.

Comment

Thanks Bev, got mine.xxxxxx
                                SBPF Wendy passed away in April 2019.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Bev I've just added the credits to my account, it will be interesting to see if they expire by the deadline or are just now part of my outstanding balance.
                                  Margaret

Comment

Thank you ~
                                    Recently found a death on OH's side of the family ~ not worth buying credits just for that, so I'm REALLY happy :D
                                    Last edited by Rachel Scand; 26-06-09, 10:03.
                                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for this - the credits will be used very soon and every little helps.
                                      herky
                                      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you Macbev just topped my account up! The number of hours stayed the same as it was before although the receipt said it was an hour more.

Teresa

Comment

Working...
                                        X