Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth buying any software?

Hi

I used to buy FTM but havent bought anything in ages, and i have my tree online on several different sites. is there any reason to have a specific programme? I regularly back up my gedcom to my home pc and also my work one, so i always have one somewhere
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

What version of FTM do you have that you aren't using? I'm still using the 2005 version that came out under the Who do you think you are? banner. Got it in Wilkos for a bargain price at the time. Prior to that I was still using my trusty DOS version that I got over 10 years ago.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

i did have 2008 but i cant seem to find the relevant discs anymore. im just not sure whether they are worth using or not as i find the Ancestry website much easier to use
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

If you are happy with what you are currently doing why pay good money? If you are not happy with your current system then look around but from what you said I don't think you need to bother.
        Kit

Comment

You are taking a risk IMO if the only copy of your up-to-date family tree is stored on a web site. Most people seem to keep an off-line tree which they use to update their on-line version.

You can pick up very cheap copies of the UK version of FTM 2006, which I still use, these days.

Comment

Working...
          X