British Victoria 1918 - 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Victoria 1918 - 2001

British Victoria was born and lived in Canada between the above dates. When you put the details into Ancestry, you get Donna Cooper x 2 in the obituaries and I wondered why.

I got the birth details from a distant relative of mine. British married a William Cross who died in 2005 and they had two sons, Walter and Larry, but thats all I know.

I was hoping someone could explain how this works. I did wonder whether possibly she could have her roots with the Canadian Indians and her husband was a frontiersman. I don't know whether William was Canadian born or not.

Hi Lorraine,
    Fascinating name...................did she really marry William Cross and become Mrs British Victoria Cross ? I'll be interested to see what developes, and wish I could be more constructive.
    Nothing showing up on IGI Canada
    Last edited by AlanC; 25-06-09, 17:33. Reason: addition

Comment

Those Ancestry obituaries are so badly indexed that I hardly ever use them - it's practically impossible to find anything useful.

There are two Canadian obituaries listed for Donna Cooper and two for Mervyn Stephenson, purely because someone mentioned in the obit came from Victoria, British Columbia.

Comment

Working...
      X