SKY+HD query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKY+HD query

Not sure if this on the right board but as there are some fantastic technical wizards on here they might be able to answer my question. :D

We have just upgraded our Sky+box to HD. The HD side is fantastic but the normal digitial side is not as good as the previous box. The only difference now being it goes through an HDMI cable. Would upgrading to a better more expensive Monster HDMI cable improve the picture quality?

Out of curiosity has anyone else had the same problem with picture clarity when changing over to HD?

Joy

the poor quality is likely to be the skyhd box 'trying' to upscale the picture to hd quality..

one solution i have seen via google is to connect a scart cable as well and use that connection for non-hd viewing..

upgrading your hdmi cable is unlikely to have much effect if your hd channels are ok
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
      the poor quality is likely to be the skyhd box 'trying' to upscale the picture to hd quality..

one solution i have seen via google is to connect a scart cable as well and use that connection for non-hd viewing..

upgrading your hdmi cable is unlikely to have much effect if your hd channels are ok

Thanks very much for that. We have a scart cable so we will give it a try.

Joy

Comment

Working...
      X